oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

On 2/9/2020 at 1:13 PM, Borodane said:

They really aren’t happy with Bamford. Chatted briefly with a Leeds fan yesterday and he asked if we would take bamford back free of charge😂 called him Missford was his nick for him. Thinks we had their eyes out over the massively inflated fee. 

I might be in minority but i dont think we did have they eyes out over fee for bamford. £8m rising to £10m was it. He has 12 league goals and will no doubt hit between 15-20 league goals come end of season.

I would say in this market if u are paying £8m for a striker who virtually guarantees you 15+ goals a season, which bamford does, you are doing well. He certainly a better bet to score more goals in this league for any team he plays in than our own £15m striker

Bamfords shots to goal ratio is definitely poor and this season probs higher than average. But there a reason why such strikers play at championship level. They goals to shot ratio usually are that way. If they buried most chances that came they way they would be playing at top end of PL

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who think differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without condemning one's view and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I wanted to say.

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, chipchat said:

Blimey - Manchester City banned from the Champions League for two years over FFP offences. I'm sure they'll appeal of course but that's big. 

They might as well take it easy for the rest of the season and hope for a Europa League place instead.  

5 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

They might as well take it easy for the rest of the season and hope for a Europa League place instead.  

Banned from Europa too, and a 25m fine. 

Fifth place will now qualify for Champions League... *eyes Sheffield United*

40 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Bye bye Pep?

I thought this too. Why would he bother staying? He's got a record so far of moving on after winning things for a couple of years and now he won't be able to win the Champions League for another 2 years unless he manages it this year.

Before this, I wondered if maybe they won it this season, he would leave anyway. This all but confirms it for me. Maybe Italy next for him, would be interesting to see someone like one of the Milan teams take him on, particularly AC Milan who have some ground to make up.

7 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

So maddison has scored for Hull 

I switched over to that game about 30 secs before his goal. It was nothing special although he gave it a good whack. He had a shot from outside the area that got blocked inside the area.  Swansea couldn’t clear it, there was a little scramble and he smacked it home on the half volley I think. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Maybe Italy next for him, would be interesting to see someone like one of the Milan teams take him on, particularly AC Milan who have some ground to make up.

Think Juve could be his next move, Sarri is under pressure and I cannot see Inter getting rid of Conte. 

Napoli are also surprisingly down the bottom end of the table, but think that would be too much of a challenge for our Pep.

18 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Stuani’s girona stats are mental, what a man 

As well as he's done there, and it's always been good to see, he wouldn't have done it here.

Our club saps goals from all players.

• Like 1