oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

2 hours ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Yeah true, I wish I could’ve seen Stuani in a Pulis side

We were crazy to break up that promotion team, the bizarre no foreigner policy that was adopted under Monk has left us where we are today. 
We overplayed for bog standard British players when we could have hung on to Stuani, Nsue, Ramirez and Fischer. We’d have gone straight back up with those in our side. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

12 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

We were crazy to break up that promotion team, the bizarre no foreigner policy that was adopted under Monk has left us where we are today. 
We overplayed for bog standard British players when we could have hung on to Stuani, Nsue, Ramirez and Fischer. We’d have gone straight back up with those in our side. 

From what I've heard the 'no foreigner' policy was a club decision rather than a Monk decision. 

During the Premier league season there was apparently a divided dressing room between the English and Spanish speaking players. I think there was a desire to prevent that happening again. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Duvel said:

From what I've heard the 'no foreigner' policy was a club decision rather than a Monk decision. 

During the Premier league season there was apparently a divided dressing room between the English and Spanish speaking players. I think there was a desire to prevent that happening again. 

I’m sure that it was a club decision, that makes it seem even dafter. There are factions in dressing rooms at every club, that’s just human nature, you get on with the people that you have most in common with. 

Anyway, it really didn’t work did it?

Yeah now we have loads of domestic players who apparently have a great team spirit, yet they’re performing terribly on the pitch. I’d much rather have Karanka’s intense management style over Woodgate’s “happy losers”.

18 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

As well as he's done there, and it's always been good to see, he wouldn't have done it here.

Our club saps goals from all players.

Sadly all too true.

We take strikers with good records at other clubs and turn them into frustrated, isolated attacking midfielders...when we're not trying to play them as wingers.

It was such a bizarre miscalculation by the club. My reading of it was they felt the Spanish contingent vs English contingent led to divisions so they decided to focus on domestic imports? Scapegoating Orta seemed to be a symptom of this. Such a narrow-minded view that, as @BillyWoofs_shinpad notes, has been significant in kicking us to where we are now. 

Oh and of course Braithwaite helped fuel that confirmation bias.

I really, really despise how the club is run.

This isn’t really related to this but I’ve typed it now so I’ll keep it: I love football’s essence, I hate the form it currently takes. It is repulsive. Being in the stands supporting boro often helps me forget my disdain for the structure of football but every season it gets harder and harder to reconcile.

The way Leipzig are moving the ball about and the constant running off the ball is a joy to watch. Take a close look Woody. Inject some pace and passing ability into the squad in the summer. 

• Like 1

The way Spurs are defending the ball and not having to run about for no reason is a joy to watch. Take a close look Woody. Inject some heart and steel into the squad in the summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Just watching Atalanta v Valencia. De Roon is still really good at running round. 

He is a good player the trouble is Boro expected him to be something he isn't built for and to be fair at Boro at times he was the midfield had no support

20 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

This Tottenham game is the closest I’ve ever seen real football get to bar football. The players may as well be spinning round on metal poles. 

Oh...you mean table football?

I had visions of poles of an entirely different type and wondered what gave you that idea. 😵

• Like 1