• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Doctor Browns is almost next door to the Jury's

Six Medals is very close to the stadium.

Can't go wrong with the Six Medals ask Smogdane he loves the place especially the food. Plenty of space and the pub of my choice when we get into Boro

Sadly near the Jury's there's nowhere to go if you're into real ale, the closest would be Sherlock's or The Twisted Lip on Baker Street opposite Mima, or the Infant Hercules on Grange Road (opposite the Cleveland Centre.)

All worth the short walk though!

@Weasel looks like it depends on who you believe. The only thing we do know is the supposed money is withdrawing his funds. Although Southall will tell you he never proved he had those funds in the first place.

Nottingham Forest's owner has tested positive for coronavirus. He was the Forest game on Friday night and is understood to have met with the fans and staff including players

Edited by northern boro

Would suggest that we hear very soon that Forest's next game will be postponed to allow testing of players and staff at least and indeed possible that Millwall's game maybe cancelled as well for the same reasons

7 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Can't go wrong with the Six Medals ask Smogdane he loves the place especially the food. Plenty of space and the pub of my choice when we get into Boro

Cheers for the suggestion, i ended up there after the Millwall game last time i was in Boro, beautiful weather and great atmosphere! Will probably check it out again after the game on Saturday.

7 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Sadly near the Jury's there's nowhere to go if you're into real ale, the closest would be Sherlock's or The Twisted Lip on Baker Street opposite Mima, or the Infant Hercules on Grange Road (opposite the Cleveland Centre.)

All worth the short walk though!

Ahh thats no concern, not really into the fancy stuff anyway, just a nice cold pint will do! Thanks for the suggestion. I have just realised i posted this in the complete wrong thread

Heading to Central Park for a birthday Parmo on Friday night, absolutley buzzing for it haha

19 hours ago, Weasel said:

What the hell is going on at Charlton?!

This is a good link (requires signup though)

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/88474/latest-ownership-shenanigans-bite-size-thread#latest

Apparently Nimer sent a voice note to a fan, transcript:

"Your Chairman had ripped the club with his team. I'm not happy to give my money to the people to rip this money. The club guys, and they take all the money for them, to live a nice bread (?), to get a range rovers and use the money for the bitches.(pitches?) You should ask Matt Southwell (sic). Guys, he cheat you. He take all the money which I put in the club and it has been gone for his lifestyle." 

List of grievances by the guy behind the money

This is supposedly the list of expenses that the chairman has racked up which is causing Nimer to pull out

image.thumb.png.92cd7e08e3e516888e1630f2ea22a6aa.png

What a weird time to be a liverpool fan it must be. To be about to win your first title in 30 years and your season is effectively over 3/4s of the way through with also a looming chance of the season being abandoned altogether! So bizarre

8 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

What a weird time to be a liverpool fan it must be. To be about to win your first title in 30 years and your season is effectively over 3/4s of the way through with also a looming chance of the season being abandoned altogether! So bizarre

The players looked very tired I thought, I think the pressing game can be a bit knackering over the course of a season. 

2 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

The players looked very tired I thought, I think the pressing game can be a bit knackering over the course of a season. 

Winter break probably hasn't helped them either. Sometimes its easier to keep momentum going than to stop and start.

10 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Can't see the seasons being called off now. They will likely close all trainings and send staff home that hasn't got anything to do with the first team. Games will be closed for public and there won't be press conferences apart from the clubs own releases. I can see the international tournaments being shut down to prevent cross border travelling.

Is Mad Dog still playing for LASK?....wish we had someone with his attitude in the team now....maybe he wasn't the most cultured but his aggression is something we lack...although I suppose the way the game is now, he would probably spend more time suspended than playing......would definitely be in my Boro Psycho team 🙂  

4 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Is Mad Dog still playing for LASK?....wish we had someone with his attitude in the team now....maybe he wasn't the most cultured but his aggression is something we lack...although I suppose the way the game is now, he would probably spend more time suspended than playing......would definitely be in my Boro Psycho team 🙂  

He is yeah but he's like 37