• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Is it even definitely true? Can't find a reputable source.

Neither can I. Just that he had a fall at home. Nothing on sky or bbc about it

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

A few people who knew him personally have confirmed it here, but they could be wrong, who knows.

There is literally no sports news at the moment. This would be a huge story if true. I hope it’s not because I like him as a player but I think sky would be all over it by now if it’s a true story 

26 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He's currently in hospital, sorry for jumping the gun and posting that he'd died:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/51928263

No bother! Hopefully he is just having to recover from injuries, still a possibility that this information is being slowly eeked out and the worst might have happened. Let's hope not, got to hope for the best for him and his family.

Tragic...he was only 35...

According to the radio bulletin I heard he suffered a fall at a "licenced premises" (a pub?) and sustained a fatal head injury.

If true, there aren't many good ways to go, but thats particularly sad.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Wow that is shocking news, RIP Peter Whittingham!

Remember watching him whenever we played Cardiff, as well as some other times. Wand of a left boot.

Scored the opener for Cardiff in that FA Cup quarter final against them back in 2008.  Sad news.

• Sad 1
15 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Bloody good goal as well, unfortunately for us.

Mind, we were bloody useless that day.

What a strike. Great movement too, to make room for the shot, leaving our players trying to tackle thin air.

But as you say, our defending could have been from this season.