• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

A danish team has just given a contract to a new talent. His name is, wait for it, Tarik Ibrahimagic. I'm not even kidding. If ever there was a name that weighed heavy on the shoulders😲

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

A danish team has just given a contract to a new talent. His name is, wait for it, Tarik Ibrahimagic. I'm not even kidding. If ever there was a name that weighed heavy on the shoulders😲

I always feel sorry for Sergio Aguero’s little boy 

Father... Sergio

Grandfather... Diego Maradonna

Godfather... Lionel Messi

No pressure kid 😳

• Haha 1

Ouch. It looks like the PL clubs have to repay more than 300 million pounds to broadcasters for the cancelled matches. It's estimated that it could cost the PL clubs a billion pounds if the season is scrapped. 

9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Ouch. It looks like the PL clubs have to repay more than 300 million pounds to broadcasters for the cancelled matches. It's estimated that it could cost the PL clubs a billion pounds if the season is scrapped. 

Hopefully will mean the end of (very) silly wages in the prem!

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Good for Barsnley - it would be a complete joke if those teams were to avoid punishment. Whether the season resumes or not, the points deduction for Wednesday has to be added to THIS season's tally, not the next. Imagine if the season had finished one game earlier... that would be us in the bottom three over teams who have blatantly cheated.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/25/barnsley-relegation-letter-efl

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Good for Barsnley - it would be a complete joke if those teams were to avoid punishment. Whether the season resumes or not, the points deduction for Wednesday has to be added to THIS season's tally, not the next. Imagine if the season had finished one game earlier... that would be us in the bottom three over teams who have blatantly cheated.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/25/barnsley-relegation-letter-efl

Yep; with the investigations being common knowledge, all of the potentially relegated teams have a good case that they need the results of the investigations before accepting anything.

Saying that, absolutely wouldn't put it past the EFL to just say, "oh yeah we investigated no punishment" and relegate Barnsley anyway.

9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Yep; with the investigations being common knowledge, all of the potentially relegated teams have a good case that they need the results of the investigations before accepting anything.

Saying that, absolutely wouldn't put it past the EFL to just say, "oh yeah we investigated no punishment" and relegate Barnsley anyway.

Even if they gave them a 9 points  deduction, like Birmingham last season, neither of the two clubs would be relegated as Wednesday would survive on goal difference.

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Even if they gave them a 9 points  deduction, like Birmingham last season, neither of the two clubs would be relegated as Wednesday would survive on goal difference.

12 points was the mooted deduction, going by the media.

It's still bull *** to relegate teams when they can survive if the games aren't played. We should not be declared safe along with the other 4 teams who are within 3 points of going down, whilst Charlton, Luton and Barnsley are relegated, if games aren't completed. Indeed, what Barnsley say there about 'sporting integrity' is right on the money.

• Like 2

My local club was back in action again yesterday behind closed doors. However they had invited supporters to join via zoom and had then set up huge big screens in the stadium in front of the stands that could show up to 200 hundred streams of supporters from their own homes. I watched the game on TV while also attending via zoom and it actually worked fine. There is a video of it here on a Danish newspaper. Just let it get past the commercials https://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/dansk_fodbold/superligaen/agf/gaar-verden-rundt-igen-banebrydende/8141368

They also played a sound stream out through the PA system of a former home match, so you got some crowd noise and singing. The players were really happy about it and the atmosphere also got though on TV. Days before the game it was also possible to go the fan shop and get free cardboard figures to paint and set up in the stands.

Football is back and I love it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching the Denmark v Portugal game from Euro 96 (starring a certain Mr Beck) and spotted this billboard. They didn't really think this one through did they?

20200607_151630.jpg

• Haha 3