• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

So essentially Wigan are relegated then, if they're in administration then I'm guessing the players will not be getting paid either?

4 points from safety so not dead and buried, especially the form they're in. 

3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

So essentially Wigan are relegated then, if they're in administration then I'm guessing the players will not be getting paid either?

Might be wrong, but I think players are effectively preferred creditors if a club goes into administration. They'll get paid long before the Pukka Pies concessionaires and the matchday programme printers.

This proves two things for me - the EFL's fit and proper persons test is neither fit nor proper, and we're only just seeing the start of the economic storm lockdown has triggered. I suspect several Championship clubs will collapse into administration (or worse) in the second half of this year.

19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah, I just had a look there.  I had it in my head that it was 10 points for some reason. 

I think it's 10 for clubs in the Premier league and 12 for clubs in Championship/League 1/League 2.

1 hour ago, White Band said:

I think it's 10 for clubs in the Premier league and 12 for clubs in Championship/League 1/League 2.

It was a news article from a couple of months back that was talking about the whole of the Championship going into administration that mentioned 10 points as the deduction.  I only remember it because of how ludicrous I thought the article was at the time.

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

The players will continue to get paid just as long as there are funds to pay them.  They'll be prioritised above everything else (except the administrators fees of course 🙂 )  I suspect that a purchase of the club will happen fairly quickly as well.

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Might be wrong, but I think players are effectively preferred creditors if a club goes into administration. They'll get paid long before the Pukka Pies concessionaires and the matchday programme printers.

This proves two things for me - the EFL's fit and proper persons test is neither fit nor proper, and we're only just seeing the start of the economic storm lockdown has triggered. I suspect several Championship clubs will collapse into administration (or worse) in the second half of this year.

I would be very surprised if Wigan had collapsed into administration.  I'd put good money on this being planned.

30 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I would be very surprised if Wigan had collapsed into administration.  I'd put good money on this being planned.

Agreed. They have waited until they are pretty much safe.  Yes, they will probably drop points against Brentford and Fulham, but they should be able to get at least a draw against QPR and can probably get wins against Barnsley, Hull and Charlton.  They are currently 8 points above the drop zone and should be able to get 10 points from their remaining games.  Even with a 12 point deduction they would be able to lose two of the matches against Barnsley/Hull/Charlton provided they get a point from QPR.

As mentioned Priceoffootball there is a force majeure clause in the 12 point deduction. I would guess Wigan will use that and then half the championship will go into administration.

COVID used as a means to wipe out all debts.

6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Concerning that our new manager bounce doesn't mean very much right now since everyone else is picking up points...

You're right but I think part of that is clubs who have little or nothing to play for coming up against sides that do.  And we have a few of those opponents still to come so perhaps we will benefit from that in a similar way 🤞