oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

9 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Villa are going to be in a mess next season already overspent the 2 seasons before plus another 150 odd million this season. I wonder how lenient the FL will be with them. 

It will be interesting to see if the EFL ignore  this blatant Disregard of FFP displayed by Villa

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51738406

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Article in the Athletic this morning saying Morris borrowed £80m from an alleged  crook to buy Pride Park. They really are a horrible club. They are going to be in such a mess next season.

Regardless of mistakes made by Gibson we know he has the money to support us. Only FFP limits how much he can put in 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Mr_Maz said:

yeah, it's a solid approach, build slowly and limit the risk

That’s great but if it doesn’t work out (let’s not forget that the premier league is incredibly hard and competitive) then very large sections of the fans and some media will scream out the lack of investment/ambition

Wonder when we will hear anything about the Wednesday situation, if there indeed is one? And when will there be a ruling on Wigans appeal? It would be nice to get that done with, so we know what we can count on.

2 hours ago, edinboro said:

Article in the Athletic this morning saying Morris borrowed £80m from an alleged  crook to buy Pride Park. They really are a horrible club. They are going to be in such a mess next season.

Regardless of mistakes made by Gibson we know he has the money to support us. Only FFP limits how much he can put in 

Even if there's nothing inherently wrong with borrowing the money (as far as I know, borrowing/lending happens all the time in business? I don't run a business though so someone please correct me) and there's nothing illegal with this incident (besides the valuation issue) it still goes to show the kind of person Mel Morris is choosing as his bed fellows.

The guy he loaned from is facing up to 15 years in prison for god sake.

Also Derby fans are really trying to convince themselves this is a big ball of nothing (which it might be). Even as far as to say "It may also back up the fair value of the sale price? Why would someone lend Mel £81m if it's only worth £60m...?"

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Even if there's nothing inherently wrong with borrowing the money (as far as I know, borrowing/lending happens all the time in business? I don't run a business though so someone please correct me) and there's nothing illegal with this incident (besides the valuation issue) it still goes to show the kind of person Mel Morris is choosing as his bed fellows.

The guy he loaned from is facing up to 15 years in prison for god sake.

Also Derby fans are really trying to convince themselves this is a big ball of nothing (which it might be). Even as far as to say "It may also back up the fair value of the sale price? Why would someone lend Mel £81m if it's only worth £60m...?"

A little bit of walking around money @Brunners 😀

12 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not sure what world he's worth £80m in, mind.

He's an overrated diver.

The same world in which Jadon Sancho is worth over £100,000,000 and the same world which pays Mesut Ozil £270,000 a week to not give a rat's ass about Arsenal. A very, very wrong world.

Edited by RiseAgainst
Crap proofreading before posting
2 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

The same world in which Jadon Sancho is worth over £100,000, and the same world which pays Mesut Ozil £270,000 a week to not give a rat's ass about Arsenal. A very, very wrong world.

i assume you mean 100k a week cause Sancho is definitely worth more than £100,000 as a sale price 😛

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

i assume you mean 100k a week cause Sancho is definitely worth more than £100,000 as a sale price 😛

D'oh! I meant £100,000,000 as a selling fee, but I forgot some of the zeroes.

Mind you, I should be used to seeing lots of zeroes this season. Goals for, expected goals, marks out of ten...

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Uwe said:

It will be interesting to see if the EFL ignore  this blatant Disregard of FFP displayed by Villa

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51738406

They have already been cleared by the EFL following promotion. They sold their stadium for 56 million and 30 million was promotion related costs which apparently counts against the deficit however weird that sounds.

3 hours ago, Uwe said:

That’s great but if it doesn’t work out (let’s not forget that the premier league is incredibly hard and competitive) then very large sections of the fans and some media will scream out the lack of investment/ambition

let them, explain the reasons behind the approach and tell them it's in the best interest of the club

17 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

let them, explain the reasons behind the approach and tell them it's in the best interest of the club

But this won’t wash with the more sceptical of the fans. 
 This wasn’t a pop at your idea of how to maintain a clubs stability whilst trying to push for promotion as I agree it’s the golden egg solution of how to do it. Just it’s a tightrope the chairman/financiers need to walk

• Like 1

Tifo football have a really good podcast (roughly 30 minutes long) about the Wigan situation. It's really well explained (better than my long post) and has some newer information about the situation than when I delved into it about a week ago. Have a listen if you can.

Conflicted on who I want to win tonight in the huddersfield vs luton match. If Luton lose then it's almost impossible for them to overtake us. But of huddersfield lose then theres more teams still in danger.