• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

What we really need is someone to look at the fixtures for the teams around or below us and work out what the likely results would be so that we have some idea of just how many points are the minimum to aim for....I would do it myself but I am a lazy bugler (misprint)...I am beginning to think one win might see us safe but not totally sure 

6 hours ago, Brunners said:

Even if there's nothing inherently wrong with borrowing the money (as far as I know, borrowing/lending happens all the time in business? I don't run a business though so someone please correct me) and there's nothing illegal with this incident (besides the valuation issue) it still goes to show the kind of person Mel Morris is choosing as his bed fellows.

The guy he loaned from is facing up to 15 years in prison for god sake.

Also Derby fans are really trying to convince themselves this is a big ball of nothing (which it might be). Even as far as to say "It may also back up the fair value of the sale price? Why would someone lend Mel £81m if it's only worth £60m...?"

Seems like a smart decision to me if it means he has 15 years to pay the loan back 🙂

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

What we really need is someone to look at the fixtures for the teams around or below us and work out what the likely results would be so that we have some idea of just how many points are the minimum to aim for....I would do it myself but I am a lazy bugler (misprint)...I am beginning to think one win might see us safe but not totally sure 

Well here are the fixtures for all the teams I think are still in the fight.

Luton:
Huddersfield - A
QPR - H
Hull - A
Blackburn - H

Barnsley:
Wigan - H
Leeds - A
Notts Forest - H
Brentford - A

Hull:
Millwall - H
Wigan - A
Luton - H
Cardiff - A

Stoke:
Birmingham - H
Bristol City - A
Brentford - H
Notts Forest - A

Charlton:
Reading - H
Birmingham - A
Wigan - H
Leeds - A

Huddersfield:
Luton - H
Sheff Wed - A
WBA - H
Millwall - A

Middlesbrough:
Bristol City - H
Reading - A
Cardiff - H
Sheff Wed - A

Birmingham:
Stoke - A
Charlton - H
Preston - A
Derby - H

Sheff Wed:
QPR - A
Huddersfield - H
Fulham - A
Middlesbrough - H

Wigan:
Barnsley - A
Hull - H
Charlton - A
Fulham - H

Luton - Think they've got a good chance for at least 6 more points here
Barnsley - Not even convinced they pick up a point, and don't see them winning another game
Hull - Don't see them getting another win; although games against Wigan & Luton are huge lifelines for them.
Stoke - Need to beat Birmingham cause I'm not sure they can beat any of the other 3
Charlton - A good chance for 6 points at least, Reading & Birmingham. Wigan should beat them & Leeds should also
Huddersfield - A decent run in, wins against Luton & Wednesday would be enough
Middlesbrough - All arguably winnable but it really depends what Boro turn up. Have us down for 4 or 5 points
Birmingham - Again, next two games crucial because I don't see them beating Preston or Derby
Sheff Wed - All winnable games bar Fulham IMO.
Wigan - Easiest schedule of the lot, especially in their current form. Should beat Barnsley, Hull & Charlton & avoid the drop even with the 12 point deduction.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just watching the Huddersfield v Luton game and still marvel on how infinitely better football shirts look without sponsors logos on them  

14 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Stoke look doomed with that fixture list.

Which probably means they'll win all 4 and survive comfortably 

Birmingham are in awful form, as are Bristol City.

Could easily see Stoke getting 6 points there.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Birmingham are in awful form, as are Bristol City.

Could easily see Stoke getting 6 points there.

yeah but Stoke are really, really bad too. Like, really bad.

Just now, DurhamRed said:

Watching Huddersfield Vs Luton it's absolutely 😴😴😴😴😴 they are worse at attacking than Boro 😂

Both sides really struggling to pass the ball, so many turn overs in dangerous areas, then instead of countering whilst they are out of position they check back into a deep lying CM, doesn't seem to be a tactical plan from either team atm.

1 minute ago, boroinbishop said:

Both sides really struggling to pass the ball, so many turn overs in dangerous areas, then instead of countering whilst they are out of position they check back into a deep lying CM, doesn't seem to be a tactical plan from either team atm.

feels like you're describing us for a lot of the season lol