• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

We’ve got to get something on Tuesday or I think that will be it. I honestly don’t know what team he can put out to scrape another win. 

Reading are in good form and are a ball playing, attacking team.  We don't cope well with that sort of team. I'm not at all confident about getting points there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
19 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

We’ve got to get something on Tuesday or I think that will be it. I honestly don’t know what team he can put out to scrape another win. 

If your trying to win a game and create chances then you don't put 2 plodders in the same starting 11 like Saville and McNair who create bugger all, they were that slow yesterday a tree would have gone past them. 

Stoke probably need 1 point from last 3 games. They got Bristol away. Brentford at home and Forest away. Will be confident enough of getting a point from there somewhere.

Birmighams next game is huge with a home game v Charlton. They will not survive if they lose all they remaining games imo.

1 hour ago, White Band said:

Stoke have won.  Us, Barnsley and one other going down.

Seriously man stop flapping. We need one win and we are safe maybe even only a couple of draws. Quite how you have us nailed on for relegation ahead of 6 teams below us (including Wigan) is ridiculous. 

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

Seriously man stop flapping. We need one win and we are safe maybe even only a couple of draws. Quite how you have us nailed on for relegation ahead of 6 teams below us (including Wigan) is ridiculous. 

Where is that win coming from?

Reading play similar to QPR who beat us without breaking a sweat, Cardiff are miles better than us, and Sheff Wed again play a style we cant deal with, will possibly need the points and have a manager and chairman who would live to stick it to Gibson.

We dont have a single point coming our way, where as the teams below us all have winnable games and they only need 1 min to overtake us excet Luton but they have the easiest games.

We are in huge trouble

I'm not so sure Stoke will get anything against those teams, tbh. Brentford are gunning for automatics, Bristol City are gunning for the play-offs. Forest away are their best chance for a point and it could be a desperate attempt at that stage to get anything. Maybe Forest will rest some of their team as they'll be securely in the play-off with another point. Brum are the worst form team in the division, beating them was no great feat, it would have been dreadful if they hadn't won the game. Still, they're on the same number of points as Stoke, if one of them can go down, the other probably can too.

Wigan are in there, albeit the 2nd form team in the division so maybe they can push themselves out of it with their remaining games looking pretty favourable. If you count their points deduction they're still sat bottom right now and yet they're probably the only team from Stoke down that you'd put money on to survive. Still got to wait to hear about the Wednesday thing too.

19 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

I think that's kind of the problem. Who out of our last 3 games do we see getting 3 points against? And as I said about Wigan above, they're the only team who look likely to get out of it right now, only behind Brentford in the form table with some great games in their final 3.

1 hour ago, scottpilgrim said:

We dont have a single point coming our way, where as the teams below us all have winnable games and they only need 1 min to overtake us excet Luton but they have the easiest games.

We are in huge trouble

Barnsley need at least a win and 2 draws to overtake us, unless there's an 8 goal swing in goal difference.

Wigan need at least a win and 2 draws.

Luton need at least a win and a draw.

That's only assuming we lose all 3 matches too and ignores the other 3 teams beneath us and potentially Sheff Wed.

We're still in a very solid position and I wouldn't trade it with any of them.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Barnsley need at least a win and 2 draws to overtake us, unless there's an 8 goal swing in goal difference.

Wigan need at least a win and 2 draws.

Luton need at least win and a draw.

That's only assuming we lose all 3 matches too and ignores the other 3 teams beneath us and potentially Sheff Wed.

We're still in a very solid position and I wouldn't trade it with any of them.

Barnsley wont do it.

4pts for Luton looks very achievable they could get more, Charlton play Birmingham thats a guarateed 3pts.

Thats 2 imo that are pretty much nailed on to jump above us.

That leaves Hudds who will be playing an uninterested Millwall on the last day, and Wigan who seemingly can beat anyone at the moment.

2 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

To be honest I don't think team selection matters that much with us any more. I reckon we are mostly depending on Warnock finding any weaknesses we can exploit...and the lads doing their jobs properly.

Also need to score first, otherwise heads go down and we are doomed.

• Like 1