oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

1 hour ago, scottpilgrim said:

Barnsley wont do it.

4pts for Luton looks very achievable they could get more, Charlton play Birmingham thats a guarateed 3pts.

Thats 2 imo that are pretty much nailed on to jump above us.

That leaves Hudds who will be playing an uninterested Millwall on the last day, and Wigan who seemingly can beat anyone at the moment.

Uninterested Millwall? They are currently 2pts off the play offs.

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

I think were more reliant on our opponents not turning up tbh. Seems to be the only way were darling points at the moment.

Ah now there’s nothing quite as good as the darling points to keep everyone happy 😆 

• Haha 1

Completely self inflicted implosion from Leicester there.

All 4 goals were from embarassing mistakes.

You'd expect they'll miss out on the top 4 now, they'll be praying that Man City's ban is upheld.

14 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think that's kind of the problem. Who out of our last 3 games do we see getting 3 points against? And as I said about Wigan above, they're the only team who look likely to get out of it right now, only behind Brentford in the form table with some great games in their final 3.

I'm definitely not saying we are safe I just can't understand these views that we are already as good as down with 6 teams below us.  I do not know if we will win a game and if we do which one, but we didn't expect to beat Millwall so we could end up winning any of them, there's lots of strange results since the restart.  There's also a potential massive points deduction for Sheff Wed on the horizon.  I just have a strong feeling we will be ok and I'm not usually an optimist when it comes to boro.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Man City's ban has been overturned, which is a disgrace.

Interestingly CAS seem to have cleared them of everything that UEFA accused them of, they got a 10m fine for not cooperating with an investigation that resulted in supposedly false charges.

2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

They've cleared them because a lot of it happened over 5 years ago, and is "time-barred".

Pathetic.

It does lead to two important questions

How did UEFA not know their own rules

And secondly 

How were these issues not picked up earlier.

45 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

It does lead to two important questions

How did UEFA not know their own rules

And secondly 

How were these issues not picked up earlier.

Thing is Man City’s owners have enough money or lawyers on retainer to tie up the whole process in litigation. It’s perfectly legal but not exactly in the spirit of the process

7 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Thing is Man City’s owners have enough money or lawyers on retainer to tie up the whole process in litigation. It’s perfectly legal but not exactly in the spirit of the process

You're right, I don't know the rules enough but would imagine (or at least hope) that the time was from the date of the charge rather than the hearing.

I think this is the beginning of the end of FFP.