oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I don't know if the boro fan that posted this on Reddit is on here (if you are, credit goes to OneSmallHuman on Reddit for bringing this to my attention!), but if we stay up we will have a wonderful game of football to watch next season vs Wycombe.

I noticed the stats for the play-off final suggested something similar to this. Pretty sure it was like 75% Oxford possession.

It might work well for them in this division in terms of staying up, mind.

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I noticed the stats for the play-off final suggested something similar to this. Pretty sure it was like 75% Oxford possession.

It might work well for them in this division in terms of staying up, mind.

yep, they're set up to grind points out.

I bet teams like Peterborough are fuming at the Wycombe promotion.

5 hours ago, Brunners said:

yep, they're set up to grind points out.

I bet teams like Peterborough are fuming at the Wycombe promotion.

Yay - another team we can lose to next season...if we stay up... 

6 hours ago, Brunners said:

I don't know if the boro fan that posted this on Reddit is on here (if you are, credit goes to OneSmallHuman on Reddit for bringing this to my attention!), but if we stay up we will have a wonderful game of football to watch next season vs Wycombe.

They also have no reserve or academy teams either and their squad's average age is just a bit over 28 years old.
Yet they have been promoted.

2 hours ago, White Band said:

Luton winning.  I  want them to lose

How you feeling @White Band? You were very pessimistic on weekend predicting we were definitely down. Hope tonights results give you some room for optimism.  

just watched cardiffs winning goal v derby. 

1...tomlin robbing rooney of the ball like taking candy from a baby

2..complete lack of effort or desire from rooney to try to retrieve the situation let alone break into a trot at the very least, lol.

44 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

How you feeling @White Band? You were very pessimistic on weekend predicting we were definitely down. Hope tonights results give you some room for optimism.  

I'm very pleased with today as had expected Reading to outplay us.  Think we still need one more point to guarantee safety.  Barnsley are pretty much down as they have Leeds, Forest and Brentford left to play.  Hull will effectively be down if Luton beat them on Saturday as their final game is against Cardiff who will be trying to get a playoff spot.  Would have been happier if Luton had lost tonight as they have two very winnable games against Hull who are very poor and Blackburn who seem to be on holiday already.  Think it's between us, Brum, Luton, Charlton, Huddersfield and Stoke for the other relegation spot and it may go to the last match.  I am expecting our games against Cardiff and Weds to be very tough. Cardiff are way better than us (unless Warnock can beat or contain them on tactics) and Sheffield Wednesday and Monk hate us. 

spacer.png

Here is a nice handy image that shows remaining fixtures (before todays games) & with the 12 points deducted already. 

Barnsley, Charlton & Stoke with the hardest run ins IMO. The Luton vs Hull game is season defining for both clubs & potentially others around them too.

• Thanks 2
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Some of those goals! That last one from Dowell!

shocked jurassic park GIF

Some of them were spectacular alright, that 8th one was class. But its a lot easier to be spectacular when nobody is even trying to close you down! 

Just now, boroie said:

Some of them were spectacular alright, that 8th one was class. But its a lot easier to be spectacular when nobody is even trying to close you down! 

Aye, there's a couple where they seem to be doubling up on following a man into the box when the ball is in Wigan's possession just outside the area. Completely asking for it.