• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Strikers tend to have good careers before and after playing for us!

Is Fletcher the only recent striker signing who seems to be getting better the longer he plays for us?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Am i right in thinking if one of the games between Charlton v Wigan or Hull v Luton ends in a draw we are safe regardless?

if hull vs luton is a draw and barnsley lose tomorrow against leeds i think so yes

3 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

What if Luton win 12-0?

Luton are on 45 points. We are on 50. Goal difference doesn't matter, we would mathematically be safe wouldn't we?

Liverpool can no longer set a record points total after tonight's defeat to Arsenal.

Still a great season, but now indisputably not the best.
Man Utd got their treble, Man City got 100 points + the most goals scored, and then their domestic treble, Chelsea conceded the fewest goals, Arsenal/Preston went undefeated, Nottingham Forest did their double after promotion, probably a few others I've forgotten (possibly including some vintage Liverpool seasons)

I think the only record they've set is the biggest points gap on 2nd.

2 hours ago, boro-unger said:

Strikers tend to have good careers before and after playing for us!

So true  it's like if we sell britt this summer he'll go and bang in 20+ goals next season  

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Liverpool can no longer set a record points total after tonight's defeat to Arsenal.

Still a great season, but now indisputably not the best.
Man Utd got their treble, Man City got 100 points + the most goals scored, and then their domestic treble, Chelsea conceded the fewest goals, Arsenal/Preston went undefeated, Nottingham Forest did their double after promotion, probably a few others I've forgotten (possibly including some vintage Liverpool seasons)

I think the only record they've set is the biggest points gap on 2nd.

Yeah I agree - I don't think Liverpool were ever going to make it to be honest. Their squad is too threadbare to keep up what they were doing for the first 30 games or so. No cover at either full back position, poor back up keeper, central defence options not great after vvd, inconsistent midfield and absolutely nothing on the bench for up front. 

First 11 is great, no doubt - but even that isn't in the running for the first first 11 imo.

It is still 1 nil but Barnsley are pressing. Just shows how pointless it is trying to predict outcome of any game on this league at this stage (unless you are predicting an away win for any team visiting the riverside obviously)

22 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Am i right in thinking if one of the games between Charlton v Wigan or Hull v Luton ends in a draw we are safe regardless?

On Luton v Hull yes if they draw we're safe. If Wigan ever get deducted points it would essentially guarantee us safety because of the Wigan v Charlton game a draw between them and we'd be safe but a win for either side essentially condemns the loser unless Charlton lose and go on to win at Leeds which seems hiiiiiiiiighly unlikely. We are looking very comfortable even just on 50 it's more than likely enough especially if the deduction ever happens to Wigan so basically if the deduction happens draws in thlse games guarantee us safety or a win for Charlton would also guarantee us safety.

Because Luton and Hull play each other there's only 1 spot in the relegation zone that we could fall into if you look at the fixtures of Charlton even if Luton or Hull pull off maximum points I find it very hard believing Charlton get 3 points from Wigan or Leeds away.

It's cowardly by the EFL putting off the deductions of Wigan and Wednesday absolutely shameful we'd be 2 places higher in the table with those deductions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53429940

"Wigan are still in discussions with the EFL over a date for their appeal into their 12-point deduction for going into administration.

That punishment will now apply this season as the Latics know they will definitely not finish in the bottom three following their club record 8-0 win against Hull on Tuesday.

Even without the 12 points, they would be outside the relegation zone on goal difference, although bottom club Barnsley do have a match in hand, at leaders Leeds on Thursday, and the other two sides in the relegation zone - Hull and Luton - play each other on Saturday. "

That deduction appeal could run until August it's absolute madness I don't sense they have a very strong case either.

Edited by Jamie-H
9 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

It's cowardly by the EFL putting off the deductions of Wigan and Wednesday absolutely shameful we'd be 2 places higher in the table with those deductions.

Certainly re Sheff Wed, but I thought the EFL were clear regarding Wigan. The penalty would apply at the end of the season. If they were in the relegation positions they would have 12 point penalty next season, if not it is applied at the end of this season and league adjusted accordingly.