oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Two astonishing decisions considering the current stage of the season and the fact Watford are battling to stay in the PL. What is a new manager supposed to do in a week that Pearson couldn't?

Incidentally, I have advocated Pearson as a future Boro manager for years. He worked wonders at Leicester, and built the foundations of the team Ranieri took to the PL title. Yes, he can be a bit...unpredictable, but Leicester scored shedloads under him and Watford are a powerful, physical side. Both the exact opposite of our squad, just as we approach a major clearout of all the dead wood.

• Replies 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

Two astonishing decisions considering the current stage of the season and the fact Watford are battling to stay in the PL. What is a new manager supposed to do in a week that Pearson couldn't?

Incidentally, I have advocated Pearson as a future Boro manager for years. He worked wonders at Leicester, and built the foundations of the team Ranieri took to the PL title. Yes, he can be a bit...unpredictable, but Leicester scored shedloads under him and Watford are a powerful, physical side. Both the exact opposite of our squad, just as we approach a major clearout of all the dead wood.

Would be an ideal time if it were possible. Just can't see Gibbo wanting it. 

Think that's Bournemouth down unless they win against Everton and Watford get beaten by a goal difference of at least 4 across their last two games. Villa actually have a chance as their game against West Ham us probably easier than Watford's remaining ones.

3 minutes ago, White Band said:

Come on Forest,  hold on and don't let Barnsley score, then you will have done us a favour.

Don’t think it matters. A Barnsley win would only bring them to 46 points 4 behind us with only one game left to play 

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Don’t think it matters. A Barnsley win would only bring them to 46 points 4 behind us with only one game left to play 

I'd just looked at a table and it showed them on 44 points?  2 wins would leave them level with us, although would need big swing in goal difference too.  It's highly unlikely they could catch us, but each relegation for teams below us removes uncertainty and is good for us.

4 minutes ago, White Band said:

I'd just looked at a table and it showed them on 44 points?  2 wins would leave them level with us, although would need big swing in goal difference too.  It's highly unlikely they could catch us, but each relegation for teams below us removes uncertainty and is good for us.

If it's the live table they add a point cos they're drawing at the minute. 

1 minute ago, northern boro said:

93rd minute goal from Barnsley

1-0

I am pleased for them. Really feel for teams like that who try to follow the financial  rules in the spirit in which they were written yet possibly end up relegated. Doesn't sit right but with the EFL just standing by and doing nothing what chance have they got. 

3 minutes ago, White Band said:

😠 Barnsley goal. Not what we wanted

Fair play to them at least they have kept going and trying all game, unlike some performances we have seen from Boro at home!

• Like 2