oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Barnsley can't catch us. They started today on 43 points. They can achieve a maximum of 49.

It seems I looked at a live table earlier, thinking it was a static one.  I thought they were on 44 points and could therefore reach the 50 we are on.

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, White Band said:

It seems I looked at a live table earlier, thinking it was a static one.  I thought they were on 44 points and could therefore reach the 50 we are on.

Easy mistake to make. They are on 46 now (after the win today).

When will the official announcement of the 12 deducted points against Wigan be finally realised?

I mean seriously are they going to wait until all games have finished and the final positions shown and then suddenly introduce the 12 point deduction.

I know there is an appeal but it seems a bit naff to me to do it after rather than before the final game

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Fair play to them at least they have kept going and trying all game, unlike some performances we have seen from Boro at home!

I actually have a bit of a soft spot for Barnsley and would like to see them stay up, as long as it isn't at our expense.

I know this board has divided opinions on it, but I am not factoring in Wigan's points deduction until it us absolutely totally confirmed and they have no further avenues for appeal.  If it drags on too long they may decide to impose it for next season.  There is also the question of whether it was an attempt at league fixing by the ex-owner, and if that was proved then I could see them getting a reprieve because relegating them would reward the owner putting them into administration to gain the bet.

Given the likely teams being promoted and coming down from PL and then the teams being promoted from League 1 and being relegated from championship we boro fans face some long trips once fans allowed to return  

Short trips being replaced by longer ones.

Barnsley Hull and Wigan likely to go down and are being replaced by Coventry, Rotherham and Wycombe.

Leeds, WBA likely to go up with one of Fulham/Brentford. Norwich and Bornmuff coming down with one of Villa or Watford.

2 minutes ago, White Band said:

I actually have a bit of a soft spot for Barnsley and would like to see them stay up, as long as it isn't at our expense.

I know this board has divided opinions on it, but I am not factoring in Wigan's points deduction until it us absolutely totally confirmed and they have no further avenues for appeal.  If it drags on too long they may decide to impose it for next season.  There is also the question of whether it was an attempt at league fixing by the ex-owner, and if that was proved then I could see them getting a reprieve because relegating them would reward the owner putting them into administration to gain the bet.

Have to agree with you on this. I don’t think that we should take a 12 point deduction into account either. I have a chip on my shoulder about the anti Boro bias when it comes to the EFL. We need to get a point minimum against Wednesday on Wednesday to ensure that we can’t be stitched up

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Given the likely teams being promoted and coming down from PL and then the teams being promoted from League 1 and being relegated from championship we boro fans face some long trips once fans allowed to return  

Short trips being replaced by longer ones.

Barnsley Hull and Wigan likely to go down and are being replaced by Coventry, Rotherham and Wycombe.

Leeds, WBA likely to go up with one of Fulham/Brentford. Norwich and Bornmuff coming down with one of Villa or Watford.

All good to me some far easier games distance wise to get to.

However lockdown will spoil a fair number I would imagine

18 minutes ago, White Band said:

😠 Barnsley goal. Not what we wanted

Quite the opposite exactly what we wanted, they cant catch us but it make Luton and Charlton more nervous on the last day because another team could send them down. 

15 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

When will the official announcement of the 12 deducted points against Wigan be finally realised?

I mean seriously are they going to wait until all games have finished and the final positions shown and then suddenly introduce the 12 point deduction.

I know there is an appeal but it seems a bit naff to me to do it after rather than before the final game

Ive got a Wigan fan as a colleague at work I am sure he said Thursday the decision would be on their appeal.  Thing is I am not even kidding I bet if we are sat in the relegation zone and the day after they've got to decide between sending us or Wigan down I bet they'll choose us even if they think Wigan weren't playing by the rules. 

Edited by thomas
1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Hope they do sue. 

Am sure Gibson will happily advise Barnsley, but yes what a mess by all concerned, could be that before next season the teams could change!

26 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Hope they do sue.

With how poorly the EFL govern FFP, this mooted £18 Million salary cap is going to be a farce. I follow a lot of Rugby (Union and League) where salary caps have been in use for a while, and there is all sorts of loop holes and ways around the cap. So unless the EFL can come up with a water tight salary cap system we'll be back to square one in 2-3 years time.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Its a total mess.. and given form and fixtures, I fully expect us to be sat 3rd bottom waiting for the appeal to decide our fate.

Will it sway their decision to know they're relegating Wigan? 

If it came down to them making a choice about which of us to relegate (hidden under the guise of the appeal decision) then I would fully expect them to relegate us.  Gibson has been an absolute pain in the neck to them over FFP.  There will be small print somewhere in an obscure rule which could be used to justify whatever decision they make.

If it ends up that a possible points deduction might affect which team went down in 22 place and the outcome wouldn't be known at the end off the season, the fairest option - in my mind - woul be to just relegate the bottom two, play next season with 25 teams in the Championship and then relegate 4 teams at the end of next season.  I doubt they'd do that, though.  It is unreasonable to expect clubs to prepare for next season without knowing what division they are in.

• Like 2

I reckon the bottom 3 will go, whoever it is. Wednesday evening will be absolutely horrible! 

I think we'll lose to Sheff Wed and Luton will beat a beached Blackburn. Don't trust Derby to beat Brum.

Our best bet is Leeds beating Charlton at Elland Road in my opinion. I genuinely might just watch the Leeds game.