oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Imagine if Charlton are expelled from the league (for their own dodgy ownership),  before this comes to fruition.

I think all 3 at the bottom have foundations built on sand.

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Hope Birmingham are chaotic next season, ending in Karanka getting sacked or walking.

Will time perfectly with Warnock retiring at the end of the season and Aitor coming home to take us to the promised land.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 1
2 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Yikes im sure Gibson and Barnsley will be top of their Christmas card list this season.

Its a farce mind i can imagine Charlton appealing now as that deduction would have relegated them this season. I can imagine this ticking on longer.

Don't think Charlton are really in a position to do anything. They don't have an official owner, so no-one has the authority to start that sort of thing off.  My friend who is a Charlton says that they are on the verge of being chucked out of the league due to repeated failures to follow EFL rules and meet EFL requirements. 

11 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Hope Birmingham are chaotic next season, ending in Karanka getting sacked or walking.

Will time perfectly with Warnock retiring at the end of the season and Aitor coming home to take us to the promised land.

Can we not hope Warnock takes us to promise land before retiring or does it have to be Aitor? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Can we not hope Warnock takes us to promise land before retiring or does it have to be Aitor? 

Well I'd definitely prefer that to happen of course but I'd be very impressed if he managed to do that this season.

Not because I don't rate him or anything, just think he's got a massive task on his hands.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I hope its Warnock as Aitor, despite what he did for us seems a bit of a control freak. That would be fine, but as Gibbo is actually in control It just wouldn’t work. In the hierarchy of the club he would have to accept his place, right or wrong.  With regards to this season I do not believe anything but we are going to go for it. He is going to go for experience and steel through the spine, pace and strength up front and a centre mid that galvanises what we have. It will probably be his last hurrah and I think there is such a mutual respect between him and Gibson that they understand the common goal, that the premier league is where we need to be.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Brunners said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/12040150/sheffield-wednesday-given-12-point-deduction-for-breaching-efl-rules

How can they just decide not to do something because it would relegate the team? What the hell is that.

Can see Charlton trying to fight this, this deduction would have saved them.

Thats the EFL for you. Bunch of incompetent bottlers.

Is it really asking too much to have competent people in charge, capable of taking swift, decisive action?

13 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I thought he might end up at Watford maybe.  Whether that's a better opportunity or not might be open to some debate like 🙂

I'm amazed any manager wants to work for a bunch of clowns like the Pozzos, just to end up being sacked a few months, or year or so later.

12 hours ago, boro-unger said:

"The board considers that a deduction of 12 points is... a bit nasty and unfair, so we'll just leave it till next season, or maybe just forget about the whole thing eh?! Bygones under the bridge and all that!"

Still, it's better for Boro that it happens next season!

Maybe so, but my moral compass is still bent out of shape about it.

As I recall there wasn't much dithering when Boro got that 3-point deduction that sent us down.

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Thats the EFL for you. Bunch of incompetent bottlers.

Is it really asking too much to have competent people in charge, capable of taking swift, decisive action?

It isn't technically the EFL, this was an independent commission.

11 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Odds on them signing Clayton and Ayala...

Maybe Ayala but I think Clayton is past his peak. If Birmingham are going for a promotion bid, they can’t be buying players who were at their best 4 seasons ago. 

59 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Karanka confirmed at Brum. Dysfunctional manager at dysfunctional club. I don't see it lasting.

I'd actually like to see him succeed.

I know he had problems here, but he's obviously a capable coach. Maybe not the best man manager (also has control issues), but there is talent there. If he can learn to curb his emotions a bit and be more of a team player, I think he could be very successful.

38 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Odds on them signing Clayton and Ayala...

Not sure if Karanka would sign Ayala given the chance. Did he not question his ability to well basically be a bit tough and not sit out every game where he has a niggle