oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

34 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It isn't technically the EFL, this was an independent commission.

I think issue is that if Wednesday had broken the FFP rules, then the sanctions of points deduction apply in a specific way I.e. as per Wigan case. What actually happened with Wednesday is they were charged not with breaking the FFP rules, but with providing misleading information to EFL to make it appear that had kept within the rules. 
This may be splitting hairs, but because of this it went to an independent  commission, so the section in the EFL rules is a different one. This allows the commission much more discretion as to the penalty and how to apply it. For example on the timing, rule 92.3 says

These sanctions may be imposed immediately or may be deferred or suspended for such period and on such terms as the Disciplinary Commission shall decide

On that basis, it’s difficult to Charlton being successful on any legal action.

also, one of the three members of the “independent” commission is appointed by the EFL, one by the club involved and one is a lawyer etc. from outside football. You can just imagine the Wednesday representative delaying things as much as possible and trying to get penalties delayed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Don't know if it is affecting anyone else, but every time I have tried to access transfer thread today, I get a virus alert...other threads seem OK, so posting this as a heads up, just in case

16 hours ago, Weasel said:

Hope Birmingham are chaotic next season, ending in Karanka getting sacked or walking.

Will time perfectly with Warnock retiring at the end of the season and Aitor coming home to take us to the promised land.

I wish Karanka all the best he is going into a basketcase of a club mind. 

22 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I wish Karanka all the best he is going into a basketcase of a club mind. 

Regardless of what assurances Karanka has been made at Birmingham with regard to transfers and recruitment I honestly can't see their hierarchy keeping their noses out, but if they do go back on their word I can see Aitor sticking to his guns and telling them to shove it.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Regardless of what assurances Karanka has been made at Birmingham with regard to transfers and recruitment I honestly can't see their hierarchy keeping their noses out, but if they do go back on their word I can see Aitor sticking to his guns and telling them to shove it.

He didn’t tell Gibbo to shove it when he was “gifted” Rhodes, Downing and Gestede! Continental coaches seem to be more used to owners interfering In team affairs.

Warnock on the other hand...

5 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

He didn’t tell Gibbo to shove it when he was “gifted” Rhodes, Downing and Gestede! Continental coaches seem to be more used to owners interfering In team affairs.

Well Warnock is in a position & time of life when he can just walk away whenever he likes. Ironically I think it might just make him more diplomatic and easier-going, knowing he can do that...unless Gibson or the board do something that really sticks in his craw.

Karanka OTOH doesn't have the man-management skills that a more experienced coach might have. He seems to have run into problems sooner or later at all the clubs he's managed.

I genuinely wish him all the best, but wouldn't be surprised if things get rocky at Brum.

30 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

If Karanka has made it clear that part of the agreement of him taking the Birmingham position is that he has full control on which players come and go (which it  appears the tabloids are stating) and this is reneged on then he has every right to resign his position, because he's going to be undermined whenever they see fit to do so.   

With regard to your post about the players you say were gifted to Karanka by Gibbo perhaps it may be a case of once bitten twice shy and that is why he wants assurances from Birmingham.  

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think it might have been his decision ultimately.  I reckon he's happy to move on.

Agree. Think change probably suits all parties.