• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Joe Bryan paying fulham back that 6 million with interest, could have been ours had we persuaded him to move north. Feel for Brentford they will probably get raided by mid table prem clubs, Benrahma has insane ability on the ball he's miles above this level.

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Joe Bryan paying fulham back that 6 million with interest, could have been ours had we persuaded him to move north. Feel for Brentford they will probably get raided by mid table prem clubs, Benrahma has insane ability on the ball he's miles above this level.

I'm sure they'll find another one or two french obscure signings that suddenly become ridiculous championship players. Such is the way.

Also, Brentford tried to get out of the red&white stripes Wembley curse by wearing blue. Wembley knows, Brentford, Wembley knows.

12 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I am not sure Benrahma is miles above this level. He certainly deserves a crack at the PL but will he be a hit in PL only time will tell.

I remember Knoclaert murdered this league with Brighton and my mates were going insane about him. Struggled at PL.

Ryan Sessegnon another who world went mad about last time he was at Fulham. He also struggling.

And there will be many more examplss

Fully agree Benrahma has been real and deserves a crack at PL but dont underestimate the gap in quality between championship and PL. The gap is ridiculously insane

Glad fulham went up. I feel Fulham had they remained in this league would have been a threat next season as they got the ££.

Whether Brentford remain a threat next season i am much less sure of. They team could be dismantled and yes they will find more gems but it might take a season or 2 for a new team to gel.

I cannot see one stand out team next season in this league at moment. 

The money that Benham rakes in from the gambling addicts, Brentford will be OK...don't really care for Fulham but at least Brentford try to play football rather than dive and play-act every time someone gets within five yards, so if there's a choice, would rather play the Bees next season, Fulham can join the rest of the prima donnas for a year..they will have to open the wallet big-time to even have a chance of staying up and that's assuming they don't already have agents whispering in players ears about "this time next year you could be a millionaire"

2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Glad fulham went up. I feel Fulham had they remained in this league would have been a threat next season as they got the ££.

Whether Brentford remain a threat next season i am much less sure of. They team could be dismantled and yes they will find more gems but it might take a season or 2 for a new team to gel.

I cannot see one stand out team next season in this league at moment. 

I’d imagine Norwich will be up there. If they keep there manager and majority of players.

15 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Examples have to be made of what?  Those owners aren't the owners any more.  The punishment means absolutely nothing to them.  It's like you being fined for me speeding.

Long term mismanagement had nothing to do with this particular case.

How do you know? Are you privy to Wigan's board decisions and financial accounts?

The fact they were bought by Next Leader Fund in June and ended up going into administration a month later, I would say is symptomatic of a club desperately searching for someone to bail them out, failing to carry out due diligence (or else being massively and cleverly misled) and being left in the same financial hole that led them to accept NLF's bid.

If all it took was a few months' financial strain to send them into administration, they must have been already skating on very thin ice, considering no other clubs have suffered the same fate.

Examples need to be made, both to clubs and owners, that if they fail to operate on a sound financial basis, there will be serious consequences.

There are far too many dodgy dealings in football as it is. If we can stop the practice of companies picking up football clubs as things to add to their portfolios, to make a quick buck from, then thats no bad thing. Or long-term owners resorting to shady practices / desperate measures to keep their clubs afloat.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Old Codger said:

The money that Benham rakes in from the gambling addicts, Brentford will be OK...don't really care for Fulham but at least Brentford try to play football rather than dive and play-act every time someone gets within five yards, so if there's a choice, would rather play the Bees next season, Fulham can join the rest of the prima donnas for a year..they will have to open the wallet big-time to even have a chance of staying up and that's assuming they don't already have agents whispering in players ears about "this time next year you could be a millionaire"

If they can keep their team together, I can see them going up automatically - similar to when we lost the play-off final to Norwich in 2014-15, then finished 2nd the following season.

Brentford's problem will be mental from now on. They're always the play-off bridesmaids. We beat them in the playoffs the season before we went up, and they're still in the Championship.

It must feel like they're cursed not to achieve promotion, and choking at the final hurdle becomes a huge psychological millstone around a club's neck. Plus, if you were looking to join a high-end Championship club, would you go for one with recent PL experience, or one that keeps bottling its chances?

On a brighter note, their new stadium will be a major draw for prospective signings, once fans are allowed into it.

3 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

How do you know? Are you privy to Wigan's board decisions and financial accounts?

The fact they were bought by Next Leader Fund in June and ended up going into administration a month later, I would say is symptomatic of a club desperately searching for someone to bail them out, failing to carry out due diligence (or else being massively and cleverly misled) and being left in the same financial hole that led them to accept NLF's bid.

If all it took was a few months' financial strain to send them into administration, they must have been already skating on very thin ice, considering no other clubs have suffered the same fate.

Examples need to be made, both to clubs and owners, that if they fail to operate on a sound financial basis, there will be serious consequences.

There are far too many dodgy dealings in football as it is. If we can stop the practice of companies picking up football clubs as things to add to their portfolios, to make a quick buck from, then thats no bad thing. Or long-term owners resorting to shady practices / desperate measures to keep their clubs afloat.

Well, financial accounts are available to anyone who wants to have a look at them on Companies House website, but that's neither here nor there really.  Next Leader Fund is/was owned by the same person who sold the club in the first place.