• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Watching the Wolves v Seville match which is not the greatest to be honest. But the half time pundits and analysis is absolutely god awful. 

Just now, Changing Times said:

Didn't see it, were Wolves any good?  Traore play?

Think they wanted to catch them on the counter but never really got hold of  the ball. Had about 25% possession. However they did manage to miss a penalty 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, Uwe said:

Think they wanted to catch them on the counter but never really got hold of  the ball. Had about 25% possession. However they did manage to miss a penalty 🤦‍♂️

Ouch.  Difficult game for them though, Sevilla are the better side in fairness.

15 hours ago, Brunners said:

The EFL just won their appeal against Macclesfield, who have now been relegated from League 2

https://www.mtfc.co.uk/news/2020/august/11.08.20-efl-appeal-upheld/

Appreciate there are clearly different circumstances as to what's happened but how on Earth do the EFL get away with saying Sheffield Wednesday can't have their points deduction applied this season 'cause it's too late but Macclesfield can?

The organisation is a farce.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Appreciate there are clearly different circumstances as to what's happened but how on Earth do the EFL get away with saying Sheffield Wednesday can't have their points deduction applied this season 'cause it's too late but Macclesfield can?

Wasn't it because Macclesfield were already under a points suspension? I'm sure I read on BBC Sport that they'd had previous run-ins with the authorities.

Totally agree that Sheff Wed should have had their points taken off this season, though. Not that it really matters, since Charlton (who would stay up if Sheff Wed were relegated) are likely to be kicked out of the EFL for ongoing ownership issues.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I swear they just make the rules up as they go.

They're about as consistent as stewards' decisions in F1.

1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

Wasn't it because Macclesfield were already under a points suspension? I'm sure I read on BBC Sport that they'd had previous run-ins with the authorities.

Totally agree that Sheff Wed should have had their points taken off this season, though. Not that it really matters, since Charlton (who would stay up if Sheff Wed were relegated) are likely to be kicked out of the EFL for ongoing ownership issues.

Macclesfield had a 4 point deduction suspended, yeah. If they broke the rules again it would be implemented. The appeal decided that it should be implemented straight away instead.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Macclesfield had a 4 point deduction suspended, yeah. If they broke the rules again it would be implemented. The appeal decided that it should be implemented straight away instead.

When was it suspended from?

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The 19th of June.

So it was suspended from 2 months ago? How long were we waiting for the Sheffield Wednesday verdict? Pretty sure some were saying it should have been delivered in June.

Maybe I'm pushing it a bit but honestly, it's the EFL, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

• Like 1