• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Just now, Jamie-H said:

Bigger question is why did we hand Patrick Bamford and Britt Assombalonga to Tony Pulis whoever made that decision needs looking into by the CPS because that was criminal.

Here's an even better question but it's quite a long one. 

Why did we sign Bamford and Gestede for a manager that didn't want them at the time, then 6 months later, appoint a different manager who also didn't want them, and allow that manager to spend nearly £30m on three more strikers, then sack him 6 months later, and appoint the next manager who didn't want any of those three, and wasn't that fussed about the other two either?

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Here's an even better question but it's quite a long one. 

Why did we sign Bamford and Gestede for a manager that didn't want them at the time, then 6 months later, appoint a different manager who also didn't want them, and allow that manager to spend nearly £30m on three more strikers, then sack him 6 months later, and appoint the next manager who didn't want any of those three, and wasn't that fussed about the other two either?

Because we're a well run club with consistent long term strategies in place who definitely aren't about to let go another 20+ million in players for free next summer 👍

• Haha 3

Why Pulis didn't want him after he managed to score a fair few goals for him is beyond me. One of those players that could have gone down as a Boro legend if he'd had the right manager (or rather, never had the wrong manager) who actually appreciated what he brought and didn't try to make him something he isn't. I can't imagine anyone except Pulis would have wanted rid of him either, royally pisses me off.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Why Pulis didn't want him after he managed to score a fair few goals for him is beyond me. One of those players that could have gone down as a Boro legend if he'd had the right manager (or rather, never had the wrong manager) who actually appreciated what he brought and didn't try to make him something he isn't. I can't imagine anyone except Pulis would have wanted rid of him either, royally pisses me off.

I just thought that money talked rather than Pulis wanting rid of him and we had to take the money. Was gutted when he left as he's the best finisher we have had at the club in a long while.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Listen at the time I wanted Monk gone ASAP the bloke was clueless we were conceding everytime the opposition had a corner so Tony Pulis was more than mildly appealing to me after putting up with watching Agnew and Monk all year.

But the warning signs were probably blaring that January when he tried to get Mitrovic on loan, if he did we might have went up so ifs buts etc, when we already had a strikeforce we'd sunk over 40 million pounds into. 

I'd love one day for the story on his appointment to come out because he was clearly lined up from early December we were 4 months into the Britt/Braithwaite/Bamford era and we appoint a manager whose teams get 60% of their goals from set pieces and whose teams hadn't scored more than 40 goals for 10 years.

Hindsight and all of that but what Gibson was thinking at the time appointing Pulis I don't know he's arguably the most shocking appointment of all because all he did was blame the splurge from 4 months before he came as a 'mess' he was here to fix it's absolute madness. 

Correct @diggerlad07. I was also gutted he left but people asking why did we sell Britt and not bamford are missing point. You cant sell something no one wants and no bids came for britt at time.

And lets not forget Bamford himself said when Victor at Leeds asked him to come join them he was very excited and was keen for boro to sell him. There was some documentary where he admitted as such.

12 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I just thought that money talked rather than Pulis wanting rid of him and we had to take the money. Was gutted when he left as he's the best finisher we have had at the club in a long while.

But where have we spent the Bamford £10 million wasted it on utter garbage

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Correct @diggerlad07. I was also gutted he left but people asking why did we sell Britt and not bamford are missing point. You cant sell something no one wants and no bids came for britt at time.

And lets not forget Bamford himself said when Victor at Leeds asked him to come join them he was very excited and was keen for boro to sell him. There was some documentary where he admitted as such.

Well it's kinda like when players sign for us they go on about when their agent tells them Boro are interested they jump at the bit. When in reality we know this isn't true man

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Yes I thought I read/heard exactly the same and that he was wanting to play centrally and Pulis had told him he would be used more on the right. As much as I liked Pulis, I thought that decision was extremely strange. 

Pulis did try to ship out Britt in January to Cardiff for cash plus Marine but Gibson put a block on it.

7 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

But where have we spent the Bamford £10 million wasted it on utter garbage

Oh yes I completely agree.

The saville signing for me wasn't a waste of money as such as I believe he's a good player at the level we are but for the price we paid we could of got 2/3 who could do the same sort of job. That one goalscoring season added millions to his value. 

• Like 1