• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Steaua seem to have had fun last night...few interesting results...would you say beating Gothenberg was a good result?

It was expected. Copenhagen are arguable the biggest club in Scandinavia and have by far the most resources. 

So you are saying that the Swedish teams are no longer at the level of earlier times...thinking about it, that makes sense as it has been quite a while since a Swedish club pulled off a result that made headlines here

But FC Midtjylland beat Young Boys Bern 3-0.. Now Sparta Prague awaits in the final.. 2 legs this time. Winner goes to CL groups, loser Euro League groups.. 

FC Copenhagen still in the mix for Euro league.. 

AGF lost 0-3 unfortonately 

Being a bit of a underdog-lover, I always want the minnows to do well..so probably someone like Kuopio pulling off a win over Bratislava or Tbilisi beat Dinamo Moscow this time round, but in next round it will be a different team that pulls off an upset....probably why I am Boro supporter...it is easy to follow successful teams and I understand why people do as kids in particular like to be associated with winners but I have a sneaking admiration for people that follow teams in lower leagues knowing that they are unlikely to ever win anything but if they beat the team from next village, they can go to the pub and feel like they are on top of the world...one of my cousins follows Marske United as well as the Boro and his dream is to see them play each other in the Cup..Enjoyed Atalanta's run last year and hope that someone does something similar this year just to annoy the teams that expect to dominate everything 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone see Coventry beat QPR?

I hope Mark Robin's keeps setting them up like he didn't in their League One campaign and the first 2 games this season. For those that may not be aware, Coventry set up with a midfield that resembles a square. They have two deep midfielders and two number 10s, so effectively a square of midfielders. They play 3 at the back, 2 wingbacks, the square or box midfield then 1 up top.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

Being a bit of a underdog-lover, I always want the minnows to do well..so probably someone like Kuopio pulling off a win over Bratislava or Tbilisi beat Dinamo Moscow this time round, but in next round it will be a different team that pulls off an upset....probably why I am Boro supporter...it is easy to follow successful teams and I understand why people do as kids in particular like to be associated with winners but I have a sneaking admiration for people that follow teams in lower leagues knowing that they are unlikely to ever win anything but if they beat the team from next village, they can go to the pub and feel like they are on top of the world...one of my cousins follows Marske United as well as the Boro and his dream is to see them play each other in the Cup..Enjoyed Atalanta's run last year and hope that someone does something similar this year just to annoy the teams that expect to dominate everything 

I'm very much enjoying Ferencváros' run in the champions league qualifiers, hope they can qualify to the groups. Already knocked out Celtic and Dinamo Zagreb and definitely capable of beating Molde.

Just in case anyone is interested Bray Wanderers are top of the first division in the league of Ireland after 12 games. The only team worth keeping an eye on after the mighty Boro of course 😃

2 hours ago, Blanco said:

Just in case anyone is interested Bray Wanderers are top of the first division in the league of Ireland after 12 games. The only team worth keeping an eye on after the mighty Boro of course 😃

A nice aquarium 

• Angry 1
11 hours ago, Old Codger said:

So you are saying that the Swedish teams are no longer at the level of earlier times...thinking about it, that makes sense as it has been quite a while since a Swedish club pulled off a result that made headlines here

Malmö look strong though but that’s about it from the Swedish league. Midtjylland and Copenhagen are probably the two best teams in Scandinavia. Some very good players in both squads. Reckon both might be able to stay up in the Prem. At least get promoted from the championship. 

• Like 1