oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Unreal. Surely they were together with the other players in the changing rooms between the test being conducted and results coming out? Whos to say it hasn't spread throughout the rest of the squad in that window? 

This season will be done in a month at this rate 

And we were not even in the relegation zone NB4 😃 Reason to be cheerful 😁 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

They'll have to get in the queue behind theatres, music venues, wedding planners, hotels, airlines and everyone else who wants bailing out.

Problem is the EFL is being *** over by the PL deciding not to pay the money they promised. Clubs in L1, L2 and probably half the championship will all go bust before the end of the season if someone doesn't stump up cash, or start letting fans back in.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Problem is the EFL is being *** over by the PL deciding not to pay the money they promised. Clubs in L1, L2 and probably half the championship will all go bust before the end of the season if someone doesn't stump up cash, or start letting fans back in.

I was rather sceptical when the PL was formed...thought at the time it seemed like a cynical money-making exercise, designed to rake in loads of money and then keep most of it for themselves.

Funny how things work out...

Not only that but it had the side effect of making lower tier clubs take huge risks in order to become part of that elite club.

I sincerely hope there aren't too many casualties as a result of this. If nothing else, this crisis is going to force all EFL clubs to re-evaluate their business models.

I don't think you'll find much sympathy the further up the pyramid you are. Generally saying that the government needs to 'write football a cheque' when so much of the working public's futures could be up in the air isn't particularly helpful.

It's understandable that he's worried, football is going to struggle beyond a certain level but I think that unfairly (I mean, what about this global pandemic is fair?) football may need to primarily sort itself out beyond the government schemes that affect all businesses, like the furlough system which we can hopefully afford to extend during this time to keep people going. Maybe the government can facilitate that in some way, I don't know the best solution but very clearly, we can't have nothing done or we'll be left with very little.

• Like 2

Like I said; without help Half the championship and everyone below will be bust before the end of the season. If football doesn't get any help, the landscape will look very different next season. Clubs flat out can not survive without fans.

Personally I'm now of the opinion that the Govt have handled this all terribly & we should not be going back into lockdown.

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Like I said; without help Half the championship and everyone below will be bust before the end of the season. If football doesn't get any help, the landscape will look very different next season. Clubs flat out can not survive without fans.

Personally I'm now of the opinion that the Govt have handled this all terribly & we should not be going back into lockdown.

As a side note not a single Covid-19 case in Denmark can be traced back to the reopening of fans of about a quarter of the stadium capacity for the past few months. We've been shut down for the coming 2 weeks because cases have risen in general, but it's nothing more than a populist action by the government. There is nothing to suggest that a controlled opening of stadiums can't be done right. 

12 minutes ago, Borodane said:

As a side note not a single Covid-19 case in Denmark can be traced back to the reopening of fans of about a quarter of the stadium capacity for the past few months. We've been shut down for the coming 2 weeks because cases have risen in general, but it's nothing more than a populist action by the government. There is nothing to suggest that a controlled opening of stadiums can't be done right. 

It must be great to be in a country where you can justifiably say with evidence that no COVID-19 cases are as a result of stadium re-openings. You can certainly hold our government accountable for the sheer lack of nuance. The past 6 months should have been about preparing for the inevitable second wave and yet the restrictions that we aren't far away from having imposed on us aren't significantly more nuanced than what happened when we panicked and shut everything down because we didn't have enough data.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

I'm on the other side of that. Yes, the gov is crap and has handled this crap but keeping businesses and football clubs going at the potential expense of people because those businesses need people feels wrong. If we could be more nuanced, as mentioned above, I'd be much more supportive. The nature of this virus does in some manner mean we have to run at the pace of the slowest people, mask hoaxers, conspiracy theorists, those suffering from pandemic fatigue and those who just generally don't give a toss.

But I think I do have to caveat that by saying this is coming from someone who is, as far as I can tell, in a pretty secure job right now. The games industry has, so far, actually benefitted from the pandemic as more people have invested into games whilst they're stuck at home. Bit of a horrid form of capitalism in play, right here. We've also retained a fair amount of our productivity given that we can mostly all work from home.

If I was working at a football club or any business in the process of making redundancies, I could see how I might feel differently! After all, COVID isn't the only threat, even if it is the catalyst for whatever could come next.

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm on the other side of that. Yes, the gov is crap and has handled this crap but keeping businesses and football clubs going at the potential expense of people because those businesses need people feels wrong. If we could be more nuanced, as mentioned above, I'd be much more supportive. The nature of this virus does in some manner mean we have to run at the pace of the slowest people, mask hoaxers, conspiracy theorists, those suffering from pandemic fatigue and those who just generally don't give a toss.

But I think I do have to caveat that by saying this is coming from someone who is, as far as I can tell, in a pretty secure job right now. The games industry has, so far, actually benefitted from the pandemic as more people have invested into games whilst they're stuck at home. Bit of a horrid form of capitalism in play, right here. We've also retained a fair amount of our productivity given that we can mostly all work from home.

If I was working at a football club or any business in the process of making redundancies, I could see how I might feel differently! After all, COVID isn't the only threat, even if it is the catalyst for whatever could come next.

Problem is I don't think the economy can survive another 6 months of this. I just don't see how we come out the other side of this with any semblance of a working economy.