oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

10 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

But anyway back to football...obviously I don't want any clubs to go bust, but I do hope this pandemic, serves as a bit of a bubble burster. For far too long the majority of football clubs have been run at unsustainable levels. 

So much of that is due to the PL though.

The Championship has to run this high to get into the PL and it trickles down from there.

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

although I am sure the present day Dinamo Tbilisi is nowhere near the standard of the past, that win by Klaksvik, along with the penalty shootout successes of Fehevar and Rio Ave and Liberec's away win to Steaua have to be amongst the biggest upsets of the night 

• Like 1

With the streamlining under Pulis and the belt tightening under Woodgate we won’t be immune to effects of COVID but will come out of the bubble strong with so many high earners leaving this summer. Imagine if we had spent the 50 million Monk kitty just prior to COVID.

We should be in a strong position to pick up those talented players in L1 and L2 when inevitably those clubs can’t survive.

10 hours ago, Ayresome7 said:

With the streamlining under Pulis and the belt tightening under Woodgate we won’t be immune to effects of COVID but will come out of the bubble strong with so many high earners leaving this summer. Imagine if we had spent the 50 million Monk kitty just prior to COVID.

We should be in a strong position to pick up those talented players in L1 and L2 when inevitably those clubs can’t survive.

I think the 21 million spent by Pulis was a lot more criminal than Monks spending. Pulis had so little to do to turn us into a decent attacking side. Only needed to add two wingers and a left back.

• Like 2

It's great to see the EFL continue to ensure the dignity of this years Carabao Cup competition by getting rid of another irritating distraction from this years competition, The magic of the Cup is alive and well as long as long as clubs know when to tug their forelock and doff their cap. It's an admission of the futility of playing games in empty stadiums, if there is no one there to witness a giant killing act then give the giant a blunt instrument and tie the underdogs hands behind their back so they don't spoil the party. Perhaps next season clubs below the Championship will have to wear bells around their neck and shout "unclean" every time they make a challenge.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/fixtures-results/breaking-news-tottenham-leyton-orient-18993571

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

It's great to see the EFL continue to ensure the dignity of this years Carabao Cup competition by getting rid of another irritating distraction from this years competition, The magic of the Cup is alive and well as long as long as clubs know when to tug their forelock and doff their cap. It's an admission of the futility of playing games in empty stadiums, if there is no one there to witness a giant killing act then give the giant a blunt instrument and tie the underdogs hands behind their back so they don't spoil the party. Perhaps next season clubs below the Championship will have to wear bells around their neck and shout "unclean" every time they make a challenge.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/fixtures-results/breaking-news-tottenham-leyton-orient-18993571

I know the football schedule has piled up but how they can remove Leyton Orient from the competition because of responsibly dealing with COVID is ridiculous. Imagine if this happened the other way around?

• Like 1

I remember a Spurs match being called off for lack of a safety certificate for the ground...just after they signed Gascoigne...and fairly certain that they postponed a game due to "Nearby riots" about ten years ago.....dont think they were penalised either time...one rule for the big boys etc

• Like 1

So according to this:

https://www.dhnet.be/sports/football/division-1a/l-equipe-nationale-du-qatar-en-d1a-l-an-prochain-voici-le-projet-fou-d-eupen-5f6cad017b50a677fbd08213

Belgian Media claim that Qatar is seriously considering getting most of their National Team players loaned out to their Belgian club Eupen to play together for a season before the 2022 World Cup

World is going mad.

• Wow 1
54 minutes ago, Brunners said:

So according to this:

https://www.dhnet.be/sports/football/division-1a/l-equipe-nationale-du-qatar-en-d1a-l-an-prochain-voici-le-projet-fou-d-eupen-5f6cad017b50a677fbd08213

Belgian Media claim that Qatar is seriously considering getting most of their National Team players loaned out to their Belgian club Eupen to play together for a season before the 2022 World Cup

World is going mad.

As if 2020 couldn't be any madder, I discovered earlier today Nickelback have covered The Devil Went Down to Georgia this year. Just end it all now.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

So according to this:

World is going mad.

Japan did a similar thing in the build up to the Rugby World Cup. But rather than get them all at 1 club, they removed players from teams and effectively created a "Second" team. That second team would play friendlies against lesser opposition during the build up. Worked incredibly well for them.