oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

3 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

You can add Northampton to that list too. Admittedly professional rugby clubs are not as numerous as football clubs, but they are still multi-million pounds businesses. Losing them, would kill the game off in the UK.

Grassroots rugby is struggling at the moment, and losing professional clubs completely would be a huge blow. Regardless of whether you like rugby or not losing an entire sport would be a catastrophe for sports in general in the UK. 

If the Government are to bail out football they would need to do the same for other sports.

I think personally like you've said we need a ring-fenced fund that is paid into by all clubs in the professional football ladder, how it is finance is another matter. Like I said in my post earlier in the thread potentially taxing international transfers may be one method.

That would certainly be an interesting way of doing it though they'd have to sort that out sharpish for it to make a difference if they can't apply it retrospectively, the window is only open for another week at the top level.

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

7 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

That would certainly be an interesting way of doing it though they'd have to sort that out sharpish for it to make a difference if they can't apply it retrospectively, the window is only open for another week at the top level.

As I said in a previous post, it is something that the Chinese league have implemented. Any foreign transfer over 45 Million Yuan (Roughly £5.2 Million) or if it is a domestic transfer, 20 Million Yuan (Roughly £2.3 Million) is subjected to a 100% tax. That 100% tax goes to a central development fund, which helps improve football in a wider sense in China. It pays for new facilities, pitches etc.

We could implement something similar, but our domestic transfers are subjected to 20% VAT already, so implementing a 20% tax on international transfer would probably suit our system better. That tax could go to a centralised development fund, which the FA does have already, but we could ring-fence some funds in case of a future event like this, where clubs need financial support.

I think the ship has sailed in terms of getting something like this off the ground to help the current situation, but having it in place for the future, to me sounds like a good idea.

Wow.. FCM was 0-1 down.. Then they scored to 1-1, but still needed a goal, cause Slavia Prague had the away goal.. 

FCM got a Penalty kick.. Missed it... But  when the play was to continue... VAR gave a retake.. Cause the keeper left the line with both boots.. FCM scored

Then Prague collapsed and FCM won 4-1

Hello millions of Euro.. CL group stages 🖤

No preferences 😎

Am just happy to have CL games in my back yard.. 

FCM had to win v Ludogorets, Young Boys Bern and then Slavia Prague on aggregate... What a performance.. 

Underdoggy style 💪

Just now, Old Codger said:

Big match tomorrow for Dundalk against the Faroe Islanders.... good luck to them both ..hopefully helps to keep them going at a difficult time

It’s incredible to think that the winner gets a guaranteed pot of €2.9m. That is absolutely life changing for both sides I would think. But I would like to see Dundalk make it through for sure 👍

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

No preferences 😎

Am just happy to have CL games in my back yard.. 

FCM had to win v Ludogorets, Young Boys Bern and then Slavia Prague on aggregate... What a performance.. 

Underdoggy style 💪

Leave it to you @SmogDane to somehow bring an underdoggy style into the conversation 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Congrats Sonny. Great for danish football. Need Copenhagen to qualify for the Euro League tomorrow. Could mean that AGF qualify directly to CL next season when we win the league this year🤸‍♂️

• Haha 1