oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

21 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Thats the problem with PL footballers these days...workshy, narcissists and egos the size of their paycheques.

Need someone like Fergie to scare the crap out of them...either get working or get out. Being nice doesn't seem to cut much ice.

I think players like Roy Keane don't need a Fergie to keep them in line. United needs players like Keane, a manager can't turn someone into a Keane.

• Replies 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

3 hours ago, boropepper said:

I think players like Roy Keane don't need a Fergie to keep them in line. United needs players like Keane, a manager can't turn someone into a Keane.

Don’t think a Keane type personality would fly in today changing rooms. Whenever I see him on Sky he comes across as a joyless bully, society has moved on since the Keane era and management/leadership has to evolve with it

• Like 1

They already could watch them couldn't they?  Cos they were all being televised.  I take it the Premier League are looking to get the fixtures back to something approaching normal rather than staggered throughout the weekend?

Apparently all the money is going to the premier league and not sky/bt to help the clubs. The same premier league clubs that just spent the whole summer window spending how many millions on players. Surely there's something seriously wrong here.

• Like 1

Yeah it's a really bad look for them.  I suspect there will be some pressure applied to change their minds.  Other than the usual money grabbing reasons, I did wonder if it was an attempt at putting pressure on the Government to let fans back into games?

20 hours ago, Brunners said:

£15 per game to watch

How nice of them.

So in addition to their normal subscription fees, Sky and BT customers now have the privilege of paying even more if they want to watch any of these games.

Seems fair... 😒

23 hours ago, Brunners said:

£15 per game to watch

Hopefully they get a poor uptake, otherwise it'll justify their decision. 

I wouldn't be paying that much to watch Boro on TV. It rather watch a dodgy stream or just listen on the radio. 

In the telegraph it's being reported how the Premier League bug clubs are going to try to use this conavirus to overhaul English football to their advantage 😞.  Reducing the Premier League from 20 clubs to 18. But in return will give 25% of Premiership revenue to the EFL to be distributed prorata to EFL clubs.  Whilst promotion will be top 2 in championship then 3,4,5th play the Premiership 16th Club.  I feel like this is simply a power grab by the big clubs. 

• Sad 1
24 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

In the telegraph it's being reported how the Premier League bug clubs are going to try to use this conavirus to overhaul English football to their advantage 😞.  Reducing the Premier League from 20 clubs to 18. But in return will give 25% of Premiership revenue to the EFL to be distributed prorata to EFL clubs.  Whilst promotion will be top 2 in championship then 3,4,5th play the Premiership 16th Club.  I feel like this is simply a power grab by the big clubs. 

The Premier league has been nothing but a power and moneygrab since inception. It is time the FA tried to reasssert some sort of authority over the game instead of just coining it in from England Internationals (pre-covid of course) and giving out tickets to old men and their cronies.

1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

Yep, on sky sports now:

https://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-man-utd-drive-project-big-picture-premier-leageue-control

The plans include:

£250 million immediately to the EFL to compensate its clubs for lost matchday revenue, deducted from future television revenue earnings and financed by a loan taken out by the Premier League.

Special status for the nine longest serving clubs – and the vote of only six of those “long-term shareholders” required to make major changes, including amending rules and regulations, agreeing contracts, removal of the chief executive, and a wide-ranging veto including on club ownership.

Premier League to go to 18 clubs from 20.

£100 million one-off gift to the FA to cover its coronavirus losses, the non-league game, the women’s game, the grassroots.

8.5 per cent of annual net Premier League revenue to go on operating costs and “good causes” including the FA.

From the remainder, 25 per cent of all combined Premier League and Football League revenues to go to the EFL clubs.

Six per cent of Premier League gross revenues to pay for stadium improvements across the top four divisions, calculated at £100 per seat.

New rules for the distribution of Premier League television income, overseas and domestic, including proposals that base one portion on performance over three years in the league.

The abolition of the League Cup and the Community Shield.

24 clubs each in the Championship, League One and League Two reducing the professional game overall from 92 clubs to 90.

A women’s professional league independent of the Premier League or the FA.

Two sides automatically relegated from the Premier League every season and the top two Championship teams promoted. The 16th place Premier League club in a play-off tournament with the Championship’s third, fourth and fifth placed teams.

Financial fair play regulations in line with Uefa, and full access for Premier League executive to club accounts.

A fan charter including capping of away tickets at £20, away travel subsidised, a focus on a return to safe standing, a minimum away allocation of eight per cent capacity.

Later Premier League start in August to give greater scope for pre-season friendlies, and requirement for all clubs to compete once every five years in a summer Premier League tournament.

Huge changes to loan system allowing clubs to have 15 players out on loan domestically at any one time and up to four at a single club in England.