oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

11 hours ago, Blanco said:

Rumour over here is that Robbie Keane is about to take over as manager of LA Galaxy and he’s going to bring Woodgate as assistant 😃

image.gif.3aa1b52fd5728f3f82211fa1813913db.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

On 10/15/2020 at 5:52 PM, Brunners said:

Fair play to 'em.

Even without the deal ignoring the Championship, its a derisory offer that averages a paltry £1m per club. Might be useful to some of the clubs run on smaller budgets, but even in League 2 thats not going to keep you going for long.

The nerve of them to call it a "rescue deal"!

If the PL are going to continue to mess around like this, then the EFL really needs to start being more proactive on the commercial side - particularly in negotiations for a new TV deal and other revenue streams. We can't continue to be crack addicts being drip fed by a dealer who has little to no interest in our long-term welfare.

In a rare bit of support for the PL I would also say it shouldn't really be up to them to bail out the EFL...its only the grossly unfair distribution of income thats shining a spotlight on them and making people say they should help out.

Ideally I'd love the EFL to be able to attract better funding, so we don't have to go cap in hand to the PL.

Done a bit of digging and apparently the current deal with Sky, which runs until 2024 is worth just under £600m (compared to the current PL deal worth around £5bn). Hardly seems fair considering its split over 72 clubs, compared to the 20 of the PL...even though it represents a 35% increase on the previous deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46282792

I understand lower league teams aren't as glamorous and don't command the kind of global TV audiences that the top PL teams do, but that kind of disparity means EFL teams are forever doomed to be the poor relations.

£5bn shared between 20 teams averages out at £250 million each.

£600m shared between 72 clubs averages out at £8.3 million each.

(Disclaimer: I know the money isn't shared out evenly like that...just doing it for comparison purposes)

Edited by AnglianRed
26 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Sounding like Van Dijk may have done his ACL in the challenge with Pickford. With the window shut i think they could suffer like City did last season without Kompany and Laporte. 

Think that's them stuffed to be honest. They had the best first 11 in the last 2 years but probably the worst squad depth in the top 6 - they've been very lucky with injuries generally speaking.  

44 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Sounding like Van Dijk may have done his ACL in the challenge with Pickford. With the window shut i think they could suffer like City did last season without Kompany and Laporte. 

Said earlier in this thread that they needed another centre back. After today that's even more evident.

18 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Think that's them stuffed to be honest. They had the best first 11 in the last 2 years but probably the worst squad depth in the top 6 - they've been very lucky with injuries generally speaking.  

I find it really fascinating that they literally have tactics to "rest" in game, which allows them (especially last season) to consistently play with the same 11. They go through spells of specifically recycling the ball between the defence and midfield, which allows them to "rest" the front 3 and the wingbacks.

Also the players running stats (distance covered etc) in the last 15 minutes drops off a cliff near enough. Obviously if they are drawing or losing that isn't the case as much.