oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

59 minutes ago, p_mards said:

I’m still baffled why Gibson thought it was sensible to spend so much money on Assombalonga, Braithwaite & Fletcher when we already had Bamford & Gestede (less said about him the better)  here after relegation. Instead of building a creative team around Bamford, Gibson wasted £30 million+ in transfer fees plus god knows what on wages - £4.5 million a season for 4 years? - on them inferior players which created the financial pressure to sell Bamford for a knock down price just a season later. That debacle sums up Gibson’s terrible, naive decision-making. It makes me want to bang my head against a wall in frustration.

Please delete this post.  If someone from the club reads it they might find it disrespectful 🤭

Edited by Changing Times
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, boroie said:

F***ING PULIS

Bamford, Traore (and Harrison) were beyond what we could attract at this club, and he *** them up against the wall. 

C**T

Argh it makes me so mad thinking about what we lost and what we could have had.

Delighted Adama and Paddy are doing so well though. 

Imagine if we’d kept Stuani too!

Just think of the team he could have put out when he first came if he could just get the most out of the players he had.

Randolph

Fabio ayala gibson friend

Howson Clayton besic

Adama Bamford Braithwaite

With Harrison, britt, leadbitter, fry, Fletcher, shotton, downing all on the bench. Could have still had Christie too if he fancied him. And you'll still find people who will say he did a good job here. That squad is better than anything in this league atm, potentially any squad I've seen in the league since. Its criminal he didn't make a better attempt at being promoted the money he was on and resources he had. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

It annoys me we got Harrison on loan for 2 year deal in the January. But Pulis benched him hardly got any game time. As Pulis rather have Fletcher or Bamford on wing as play the actual winger.  So he decided to change his mind and go to Leeds instead where he has gotten to play every week and grown into a fab player. 

I know and we hear similar things from members about Johnson!

8 hours ago, boroie said:

F***ING PULIS

Bamford, Traore (and Harrison) were beyond what we could attract at this club, and he *** them up against the wall. 

C**T

Argh it makes me so mad thinking about what we lost and what we could have had.

Delighted Adama and Paddy are doing so well though. 

To be fair, pulis was the making of traore. Monk and Aitor weren't able to manage him. 

The rest of the team he f***** up though!

• Like 2

I think only Karanka out of all of our managers really rated Bamford. And even he wouldn’t play him in the Premier League. 
Monk bought players to play instead of Bamford. Pulis clearly didn’t want him. I can’t believe he didn’t bring him straight back in after his couple of games out due to concussion. 
He’s thriving under a manager who rates him and in a team where he’s the no.1 up front. If Pulis had kept him he’d have been on the bench. 

From today’s DM

PFA WIND-UP THREAT TO CHAMPIONSHIP GIANT  

The PFA have threatened a leading Championship club with a winding-up order in a dispute over their failure to pay severance money to out-of-contract players. 

The club in question chose not to pay the final month’s salary due last July on a point of principle, as both players refused to appear for the first team during Project Restart despite having earned over £10million in wages at the club. 

The PFA have taken up their fight to get their missing wages, but despite the threat of a winding-up petition the matter is set to be decided by an employment tribunal.

did wonder at first if it was Boro, - Ayala and Gestede, but I don’t think Gestede actually refused to play during June, did he? He only said he wouldn’t play after end of contract. ( And Ayala said he was injured)
Only club I remember where players actually refused to play during June was Charlton, but it can’t be them .

2 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

From today’s DM

PFA WIND-UP THREAT TO CHAMPIONSHIP GIANT  

The PFA have threatened a leading Championship club with a winding-up order in a dispute over their failure to pay severance money to out-of-contract players. 

The club in question chose not to pay the final month’s salary due last July on a point of principle, as both players refused to appear for the first team during Project Restart despite having earned over £10million in wages at the club. 

The PFA have taken up their fight to get their missing wages, but despite the threat of a winding-up petition the matter is set to be decided by an employment tribunal.

did wonder at first if it was Boro, - Ayala and Gestede, but I don’t think Gestede actually refused to play during June, did he? He only said he wouldn’t play after end of contract. ( And Ayala said he was injured)
Only club I remember where players actually refused to play during June was Charlton, but it can’t be them .

We weren’t close to being a leading championship club. But surely you can’t put a company out of business due to missing wages without any negotiations/trials. It’ll be through a tribunal and a compromise will be reached. Are the clubs in England organized like the players are in the players union? Does the EFL count as an employers union?

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

We weren’t close to being a leading championship club. But surely you can’t put a company out of business due to missing wages without any negotiations/trials. It’ll be through a tribunal and a compromise will be reached. Are the clubs in England organized like the players are in the players union? Does the EFL count as an employers union?

English Law does, I believe, allow a creditor to issue a winding up order over unpaid debts (over a certain amount). It is then up to the debtor to pay up or prove in court the debt isn’t due. So a  winding up order application does have to go to court. It’s a threat  by the PFA - on behalf of a couple of its members - to try to force the issue. If it goes to employment tribunal presumably their decision will be binding though and force either the club to accept the liability and stump up, or the PFA to drop the threat.

PFA will be pushing this really hard though, as players wages are always a preferential creditor, in sense that if a club doesn’t pay them, the club can be kicked out of league. They won’t want anything threatening that.

3 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

It was reported in June that Sheffield Wednesday didn't pay their players, but I think that may have been more due to (at the time) the ongoing EFL investigation into their accounts. But not sure if after the investigation they then did pay the players, so could potentially add them to the mix too.

1 hour ago, ScarBoro said:

PFA will be pushing this really hard though, as players wages are always a preferential creditor, in sense that if a club doesn’t pay them, the club can be kicked out of league. They won’t want anything threatening that.

From the quote you've posted it sounds like the club in question are refusing to pay on the basis of the players refusing to play, rather than the club not having the funds to pay. The headline does say "Threat" which I think this is exactly what this is, I can't see a club being wound up on the basis of 2 players (who didn't play) not being paid.

As you've said I think it's much more likely to go the route of an employment tribunal. It seems like it'll go down to interpretation of the players contracts etc. Be interested to see if anything else comes out in the next few weeks.