• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

On 10/28/2020 at 7:07 PM, Old Codger said:

Think I would be starting to worry a little if I was a Burnley supporter, according to BBC, the takeover bid is being "helped" by that well known friend of Bury, Wigan and Charlton, Chris Farnell. With a track record like his, haven't the EFL cottoned on to the connection between the events at the clubs he has been involved with in the past few years. 

news to me:)

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I don't know if anyone has seen that Burnley are subject to a supposed takeover bid?  One of the people involved was involved with all of the nonsense at Charlton recently 🤦‍♂️

Oh god, Chris Farnell. That's a name I hope we NEVER hear associated with Middlesbrough.

6 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Oh god, Chris Farnell. That's a name I hope we NEVER hear associated with Middlesbrough.

I’m sure the anti Gibson brigade would be delighted to have him involved with the Boro 🙄

Exactly, we all know he has his faults, but it seems there are so many people floating about that you just know don't actually give a monkey's about the actual clubs if they are able to make some cash out of it. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Exactly, we all know he has his faults, but it seems there are so many people floating about that you just know don't actually give a monkey's about the actual clubs if they are able to make some cash out of it. 

Sums it up perfectly OC 👍

31 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

If I was a Burnley fan I'd be terrified having that anoos associated with my club. 

I read through about 100 pages of thread on the Charlton forum and what he put them through was unreal

no prob....good to see that I was not only one that had the thought. How do people like that even come close to meeting the "fit and proper" standards?. maybe they need to have some sort of system where a bond is required to be deposited with EFL rather than just show proof of available funds. Might deter some chancers if they thought there was a possibility of their money being taken away from them permanently   

11 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

no prob....good to see that I was not only one that had the thought. How do people like that even come close to meeting the "fit and proper" standards?. maybe they need to have some sort of system where a bond is required to be deposited with EFL rather than just show proof of available funds. Might deter some chancers if they thought there was a possibility of their money being taken away from them permanently   

No idea.  He was actually banned from owning a football league club but got that ban overturned.  Obviously he isn't the money man, he never is, always seems to be representing people.  Maybe the Premier League will look at his history and tell him to bugger off.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, unclesmog said:

If I was a Burnley fan I'd be terrified having that anoos associated with my club. 

I read through about 100 pages of thread on the Charlton forum and what he put them through was unreal

Aye I read a fair bit of it. Some of the stuff he did was unbelievable. Seemed an absolute fool.

20 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Dunno if this has already been posted somewhere else, but I just heard it on the radio...

Is anyone else looking forward to watching us play in the EFL Pizza Cup for the next 3 years?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8888867/Football-fans-mock-EFL-Cup-tournament-Papa-Johns-Trophy-pizza-sponsorship.html

Are you up for a slice of the action, or can they go and get stuffed (crust)?

Just as well the PL are getting rid of the Community Shield...it might have ended up as the Community Deep Dish.

I don't believe our U23's have qualified for this.

If this is the same person that tried to purchase Newcastle, can you imagine the reaction from their supporters if he is given the go-ahead at Derby...  can't remember exact reason he got blocked there, but surely not one rule for Prem and another for EFL 

• Like 1