oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

2 hours ago, Uwe said:

England squad announced 

Goalkeepers: 

Dean Henderson, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope.

Defenders: 

Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Chilwell, Conor Coady, Eric Dier, Joe Gomez, Reece James, Michael Keane, Harry Maguire, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Tyrone Mings, Bukayo Saka, Kieran Tripper, Kyle Walker.

Midfielders: 

Phil Foden, Jordan Henderson, Mason Mount, Declan Rice, James Ward-Prowse, Harry Winks.

Forwards: 

Tammy Abraham, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, Raheem Sterling.

Do we really need 13 defenders 🤷‍♂️

Probably wants to play them in the Belgium game. 😁

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Mel Morris is on the verge of completing his sale of DCFC.

I know we joke about it a lot, but it really would be interesting to see if the takeover does include Pride Park. And if it does at what value the new owners and Mel Morris have agreed for it. 
In theory if it is a significantly lower value than Derby originally "sold" the stadium (to themselves) for, surely that would indicate the original sale value was not "A fair value".
Gibson could potentially push the idea of re-opening the investigation into that sale. Just a thought.

3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Funny how they couldn't get Newcastle but Derby County is absolutely fine, once again nobody cares about the EFL

They?

The Newcastle takeover attempt was by the Saudi Crown Prince, the Derby takeover is by a junior member of the Abu Dhabi royal family who's not actually in charge of any position of governance.

Two different countries, two different situations.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

They?

The Newcastle takeover attempt was by the Saudi Crown Prince, the Derby takeover is by a junior member of the Abu Dhabi royal family who's not actually in charge of any position of governance.

Two different countries, two different situations.

Oh, I thought it was the same fella who tried to buy Newcastle, lol.

It would be hilarious if they got relegated despite the takeover, though.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We can only hope. 

Anyone have any idea when there will be a verdict on the EFL's appeal? Would be a lovely lockdown gift for Derby to get a points deduction.

I think these tried to buy Newcastle before but it was different to the Saudi Prince who was denied the chance to buy Newcastle recently. So the link is there but it's not the right one. 😅

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He was the same Sheikh ( from Abu Dhabi) who tried to buy Newcastle - but in 2019. It fell through, but I don’t think it ever got as far as the Premier League having to approve the deal. It just seemed to be one of those continuing sagas where Ashley was trying to screw the most money out of a buyer and they couldn’t agree. 
it was another deal this year with Saudis that the Premier  League were objecting, partly due to the pirate broadcasting  of Premier matches in Saudi not being stopped.

3 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I know we joke about it a lot, but it really would be interesting to see if the takeover does include Pride Park. And if it does at what value the new owners and Mel Morris have agreed for it. 
In theory if it is a significantly lower value than Derby originally "sold" the stadium (to themselves) for, surely that would indicate the original sale value was not "A fair value".
Gibson could potentially push the idea of re-opening the investigation into that sale. Just a thought.

£60m is the supposed takeover deal amount for the club but it does seem that the ground wouldn't be part of that.  They'd have to negotiate separately for that company I guess.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

£60m is the supposed takeover deal amount for the club but it does seem that the ground wouldn't be part of that.  They'd have to negotiate separately for that company I guess.

I guess if you are Mel Morris, you wouldn’t be stupid enough to include the ground at a value lower than the ground was sold for, not when the EFL are still nosying around the sale. Far safer to keep it separate. I bet we will find it has been leased to the club buyers at a peppercorn rental for the next few years whilst the arguments over the value die down. At some point then, it will be sold on.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

I guess if you are Mel Morris, you wouldn’t be stupid enough to include the ground at a value lower than the ground was sold for, not when the EFL are still nosying around the sale. Far safer to keep it separate. I bet we will find it has been leased to the club buyers at a peppercorn rental for the next few years whilst the arguments over the value die down. At some point then, it will be sold on.

We were talking about Derby a few weeks back on here.  Didn't they get a significant loan, which seemed to be against other property that Derby owned?  I remember having a look at the time and there seemed to be a lot of companies who owned different things, including companies that just seemed to own companies, if I remember correctly.  Who knows what this £60m is for?

40 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We were talking about Derby a few weeks back on here.  Didn't they get a significant loan, which seemed to be against other property that Derby owned?  I remember having a look at the time and there seemed to be a lot of companies who owned different things, including companies that just seemed to own companies, if I remember correctly.  Who knows what this £60m is for?

I think for each member of the FL there is always one company that owns the FA/FL registration - I.e. allows them to play as a team in the FL. The £60m must presumably include that right, or asset, as part of the deal. Other than that you’re right, it could include any combination of things. Knowing the reputation of Morris, it will include as little as he can get away with including. 

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah I've seen a few articles, but none are really clear whether the sale will include the Stadium (Or the company that owns the stadium).