oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

We were talking about Derby a few weeks back on here.  Didn't they get a significant loan, which seemed to be against other property that Derby owned? 

Yeah there was a charge in August that The Derby County Football Club Limited seemingly took out against the Stadium. But Gellaw Newco 202 Limited (The business that owns the stadium) consented to. I think us two had a conversation about it at the time.
Interestingly they also now have another charge taken out last month, which has been taken out against the Training Ground and the land around it.

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Not as bad as that one from Lookman yesterday.

Very true, I still expect better from one of the best players in the world mind 😂

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Maybe he felt bad about how stupid it was to give it in the first place.

Honestly, that thought crossed my mind because I didn't expect that from him 😂 Game is gone now like, the rules are just ridiculous.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Ash said:

Honestly, that thought crossed my mind because I didn't expect that from him 😂 Game is gone now like, the rules are just ridiculous.

Mental isn't it?  I still can't get over the Bamford goal disallowed yesterday.

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Mental isn't it?  I still can't get over the Bamford goal disallowed yesterday.

That was probably the worst VAR decision of all time. Unbelievable 🙄

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

I don't understand how even VAR supporters defend that one, there is just no way you can class that as offside. 

I want the days of close calls should favour the attackers back.

The problem is VAR deals in absolutes. If you are 1mm offside VAR will show you are offside (at least it should) and vice versa.
What we are seeing here is a system that deals in absolutes, having to conform to rules/laws that are down to an individual interpretation of those rules.
Either the rules need to change so that they are less down to interpretation, for example judging offside by where player's feet are placed on the pitch rather than their head or armpit (Yes you can still score with your head). Or you amend VAR to not deal with absolutes, but then you'll have similar criticisms from fans and managers alike, "Well he was 1mm offside" etc.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
14 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

The problem is VAR deals in absolutes. If you are 1mm offside VAR will show you are offside (at least it should) and vice versa.
What we are seeing here is a system that deals in absolutes, having to conform to rules/laws that are down to an individual interpretation of those rules.
Either the rules need to change so that they are less down to interpretation, for example judging offside by where player's feet are placed on the pitch rather than their head or armpit (Yes you can still score with your head). Or you amend VAR to not deal with absolutes, but then you'll have similar criticisms from fans and managers alike, "We he was 1mm offside" etc.

Or they could just scrap VAR altogether and football could return to within a semblance of normality. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Or they could just scrap VAR altogether and football could return to within a semblance of normality. 

Could do. But then you are back to square one, where managers and fans moan that goals should have stood that were clearly onside etc. Within a season or two people would be calling for video technology again, once a few referee/linesman decisions go against their respective teams.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
  • Like 1