oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Ridiculous that Jude Bellingham has just been called up for England, done nothing yet to deserve it. 

Being a starter in the Bundesliga at 17 is pretty impressive to be honest, why not give him experience of the England first team squad.

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Being a starter in the Bundesliga at 17 is pretty impressive to be honest, why not give him experience of the England first team squad.

If scoring 3 goals in the Championship, and then starting a few games in the top flight is enough to get called up for England, then there's a big queue of players that have wrongly missed out.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

If scoring 3 goals in the Championship, and then starting a few games in the top flight is enough to get called up for England, then there's a big queue of players that have wrongly missed out.

I know he only scored 3 goals, but he made 41 appearances in the Championship, rocketed through the England youth ranks, got sold to Dortmund for 25m & is now a Bundesliga starter, all before 18. 

I can't imagine the list of players that have had a rise like his is particularly large.

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I know he only scored 3 goals, but he made 41 appearances in the Championship, rocketed through the England youth ranks, got sold to Dortmund for 25m & is now a Bundesliga starter, all before 18. 

I can't imagine the list of players that have had a rise like his is particularly large.

None of that means he deserves a call up for senior England call up.

He's been called up because of the hype, not because he actually currently deserves it.

Ross Barkley and James Maddison have both done better this season, and last season, and haven't made the squad.

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

None of that means he deserves a call up for senior England call up.

He's been called up because of the hype, not because he actually currently deserves it.

Ross Barkley and James Maddison have both done better this season, and last season, and haven't made the squad.

What's the harm in giving him some experience of the squad? I agree that Barkley and Maddison both deserve a spot but I don't see the harm in letting the kid get a feel of the squad. If you want to give him a cap play him in the friendly vs Ireland and let him watch the nations league games.

Don't see what the big fuss is, honestly.

1 hour ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Apparently Pulis is favourite for the Wednesday job according to a couple of my mates who are Wednesday fans 🙂. I wonder if Woodgate is being lined up after.

I wouldn’t wish that on any football fan 😔

Due to corona restrictions, quarantine etc Denmark have 21 players missing for tomorrow’s friendly against Sweden. A lot of players that obviously aren’t good enough have thus been called up. Despite all that uefa haven’t given permission to call off the game. Money over sense anytime for that organization. 

How on Earth did Greg Clarke ever become FA Chairman. Surely that level of racism and sexism must have been evident to those in the FA long before his appointment. all those "kick it out" and "showing it the red card" campaigns clearly meant absolutely nothing to him and I suspect those who surrounded him. Another example of those who are in charge of the sport being utterly unfit for purpose.

48 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

How on Earth did Greg Clarke ever become FA Chairman. Surely that level of racism and sexism must have been evident to those in the FA long before his appointment. all those "kick it out" and "showing it the red card" campaigns clearly meant absolutely nothing to him and I suspect those who surrounded him. Another example of those who are in charge of the sport being utterly unfit for purpose.

At the risk of getting totally lambasted here I thought it was an unfortunate tripping over his words. We know that the term ‘coloured’ is dated and been replaced with people of colour but he apologised (to what seemed to me) earnestly and we should have moved on. Obviously the World Wide Web would have demanded his resignation anyways so did he jump before he was pushed? 

I also know very little about G Clarke so if he has form for this then good riddance. 
I’m happy to be educated on this

• Like 2
Just now, Uwe said:

At the risk of getting totally lambasted here I thought it was an unfortunate tripping over his words. We know that the term ‘coloured’ is dated and been replaced with people of colour but he apologised (to what seemed to me) earnestly and we should have moved on. Obviously the World Wide Web would have demanded his resignation anyways so did he jump before he was pushed? 

I also know very little about G Clarke so if he has form for this then good riddance. 
I’m happy to be educated on this

People of colour is frowned upon as well I believe.  I just call all men gadge and all women sexybum to avoid any issues of offending anyone 👍

• Haha 5