• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Bit weird setting up with Werner out wide and Gnabry through the middle I thought, although that's not why they got hammered mind.

Some managers just want to be too clever. Who can forget Pulis playing Britt as a winger🤦‍♂️

• Sad 1
11 hours ago, Borodane said:

Some managers just want to be too clever. Who can forget Pulis playing Britt as a winger🤦‍♂️

To be fair we've had a lot of forwards played out wide over the years, going all the way back to Mogga.

I'm sure we played the likes of Emnes, Jutkiewicz, Kike and Bamford out wide at times.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

To be fair we've had a lot of forwards played out wide over the years, going all the way back to Mogga.

I'm sure we played the likes of Emnes, Jutkiewicz, Kike and Bamford out wide at times.

That doesn't excuse it though. Some forwards can do it, but it's blatantly obvious that Britt isn't a winger. We've also had Marvin Johnson play as a standard left back, but that doesn't make it a good decision 🙂 

33 minutes ago, ABH said:

I understand where he’s coming from. But just as an exercise of fairness the term ‘White’ does exactly the same especially when used in derogatory terms. Eg White privilege, white supremacy and tv programs such as Dear white people. It fails to address white Scottish/English/Welsh,  Anglo or European. It’s fails to address any of the specific nuances to our heritage wether it be British, Italian American or Macedonian all with massively different cultures experiences  and ideals. But I don’t suppose I’ll see any desire (from either side of the multicultural standpoint) to take it into consideration soon. 

I think the point I’m trying to make is you will never be able to come up with any term that all parties are happy with but at some point we have to say it’s getting silly now and we have more pressing faults with our society that we have to fight to eradicate that mouth breathing, knuckle dragging mentality of racist behaviour 

Again I’m just thinking out loud and welcome any viewpoints/education

• Like 1

Most people don't fall into any single category, certainly in this area. The vast majority of Teessiders will have at least one ancestor from another country, especially Scotland, Wales and Ireland. If you categorise yourself as something, then someone will inevitably have a pop at you over it and most of it boils down to simple ignorance, I always found that people like that want you to argue with them and if you don't give them the satisfaction, it annoys them even more. We all kid around on here about stereotypes but as far as I can see, most of us are a fairly tolerant bunch (even with Danes) and prepared to be told that "you might want to reconsider that statement". If I ever upset someone, I would prefer someone to point it out discreetly rather than go in for the public shaming that seems to be the accepted thing now, most people respond more to kindness than humiliation. Maybe it is just the way things are done now but points scoring sometimes just leads to the real issue being forgotten.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Puimigcadly said:

Решила написать в ветку форума, прошу булыжниками не закидывать, Вашему вниманию сайт: для ночь короче посмотреть ) Надеюсь понравится он 😃

I disagree.

44 minutes ago, Puimigcadly said:

Решила написать в ветку форума, прошу булыжниками не закидывать, Вашему вниманию сайт: для ночь короче посмотреть ) Надеюсь понравится он 😃

Makes more sense than Blanco does these days 👍