• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Scotland are losing 1-0 in Israel and need to win (unless the Czechs concede 3) to top their group and win promotion + a strong chance of a World Cup play-off.

Wales and Gibraltar have been promoted from their groups.

Haha. Wait until you see that own goal by Belgium. From a back pass the ball goes under Courtois foot and into the net🤣 still losing 4-2 though as they score immediately after. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Looks like Serbia are trying to outdo Spain....wonder what the weather is like in Siberia?

It’s a lot tougher for Russian sports men since the world cracked down on their doping shenanigans 🤪

13 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

England remain in Group A.

Wales are promoted to Group A.

Scotland remain in Group B.

Northern Ireland are relegated to Group C.

Gibraltar are promoted to Group C.

Is it the highest placed teams that don't automatically qualify for the next tournament that get the chance to play off for a place?

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Is it the highest placed teams that don't automatically qualify for the next tournament that get the chance to play off for a place?

I believe so. Think they take as many as they can from League A first. Then they fill the spots with League B etc

Edit: That method was for the EURO 2020 qualification. Not sure how it works this time for the 2022 World Cup.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth

Yep, it's the 10 qualifying group runners up plus the two highest ranked Nations League teams that haven't qualified normally or finished 2nd in their group, so it's a huge opportunity for Wales if they don't manage to qualify the conventional way, and a huge opportunity missed by Scotland.

We'll have that back-up too, if we fail to qualify as group winners.

Edited by TeaCider24

So 2022 World Cup, 10 groups winners of each group automatically qualify.

The 10 runners-up plus the 2 best Nations League winners (that haven't qualified for 2022 or finished runners up in the group) then compete in a 12 team play-off system. Split into 3 groups of 4, a 2 legged semifinal then a single leg final. Winner of each final then qualifies (3 winners).

Like to make it a bit complex don't they! 

Just now, Changing Times said:

But it won't be this season's Nation League that counts towards that?  It'll be next season's I assume?

I think it is this current one that's included. The finals of it were due to be summer 2021, but obviously with the postponed Euro's that's been pushed back. Remember that WC 2022 is a winter World Cup.