• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I think Maradona was a great player, one of the best of all time, but this outpouring of grief and coverage of it by the world's media is bordering on ridiculous.

It's like how I felt when Princess Diana died, I couldn't give a ***.

Don't know if you watched the Maradona film last night on c4? It was really good, we probably don't appreciate how revered he is in Argentina and Naples. 

He's virtually on par with Jesus in Naples! 

43 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Don't know if you watched the Maradona film last night on c4? It was really good, we probably don't appreciate how revered he is in Argentina and Naples. 

He's virtually on par with Jesus in Naples! 

Nah, he's just a footballer. Nobody deserves that level of reverence, it's crazy

Edited by Denzel Zanzibar
I gone and used the wrong word innit
10 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Nah, he's just a footballer. Nobody deserves that level of reverie, it's crazy

I know what you mean but when people have him on par with Jesus you're going to have a pretty big reaction to his death. 

Appreciating an individuals great talent for example in Music or Sport is understandable. Not everyone likes the same thing be it the Beatles v. Rolling Stones, Blur v. Oasis, City v. United, Celtic v. Rangers etc. but hopefully we can at least acknowledge talent impartially even if somewhat begrudgingly.

For me that is where it ends, I can understand to a degree teenagers screaming and feinting when they see their favourite boy band/girl band etc. but I do struggle when fully grown adults who have long since left their adolescent period behind exhibit Celebrity Worship Syndrome. 

I love watching James Ward-Prowse take a free kick.

I'm glad that Man United's selfish antics this season has ridden me of any latent support for them, they'd been a bit of a second team for me and now I'm enjoying watching them lose against the average joes.

36 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I love watching James Ward-Prowse take a free kick.

I'm glad that Man United's selfish antics this season has ridden me of any latent support for them, they'd been a bit of a second team for me and now I'm enjoying watching them lose against the average joes.

I think he might be the best the premier League has seen to be honest. His conversion rate is better than anyone elses since the league began and he scores all different kinds.

Would be the ideal place for Woody to begin rebuilding his career...  he would be sure to receive good wishes from us all. Being serious apart from Cowley, Big Sam and Benitez, most of the usual suspects are off the market and probably a little out of their League. No idea if there are any obvious choices but I suppose that they have taken decision now to give whoever takes the job the chance to do something in January window, but given the rumours about takeover bids, can't see it being advertised with any degree of job security.  Apparently Andrew Taylor in temporary charge.

Edited by Old Codger