• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Meanwhile at a Tony Pulis Sheffield Wednesday home game....

1 shot on target

22% possession...

3 shots on target in 4 games

They had a man sent off in the first half an hour and got a point out of the game. This is not one of the sticks to beat Pulis with. They did well to draw with high flying Reading in those circumstances 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

They had a man sent off in the first half an hour and got a point out of the game. This is not one of the sticks to beat Pulis with. They did well to draw with high flying Reading in those circumstances 

One should always beat Pulis with a stick, but in this particularly case I'm happy to laugh at SW for employing him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Meanwhile at a Tony Pulis Sheffield Wednesday home game....

1 shot on target

22% possession...

3 shots on target in 4 games

Pulis has been in charge for more games (4) than they have had shots on target in those games. Admittedly they have been down to 10 men on two occasions.

7 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Psst .. Tony    for only £20 million, we can provide you with a proven Championship goalscorer..  club captain and has a lovely smile 🙂  

And he can play on the wing. Just for you.

31 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Psst .. Tony    for only £20 million, we can provide you with a proven Championship goalscorer..  club captain and has a lovely smile 🙂  

As if Pulis would ever willingly buy Britt.

Furthermore, as if Britt would ever willingly work under Pulis again.

21 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Pulis threw Britt under the bus at literally every possible opportunity he could.

I think it was a deliberate but crude attempt to make Britt instruct his agent to get him the heck out of here. If rumours are to be believed he would have likely ended up with a cut of the sale but the spin would have been yet again saving SG a fortune on wages and bringing some cash in (so he could waste it on more overpriced mediocrity). 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Pulis has been in charge for more games (4) than they have had shots on target in those games. Admittedly they have been down to 10 men on two occasions.

If he did something about player discipline, maybe he wouldn't have to be so defensive?

2 sendings-off in 4 games doesn't bode well for their survival.

2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

If he did something about player discipline, maybe he wouldn't have to be so defensive?

2 sendings-off in 4 games doesn't bode well for their survival.

Yeah going down to 10 men is never really something anyone wants (other than the opposition). They had 1 shot on target in the 2 games they went down to 10 men. But they only had 2 shots on target in the 2 games they didn't have a man sent off so either way it's not exactly great reading. But regardless I think Pulis is heavily in favour of a defensive style, especially judging his time with us, alongside his previous clubs too.

Mainly for FFP reasons it would be poetic if Sheffield Wednesday and Derby both went down. 😂

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Yeah going down to 10 men is never really something anyone wants (other than the opposition). They had 1 shot on target in the 2 games they went down to 10 men. But they only had 2 shots on target in the 2 games they didn't have a man sent off so either way it's not exactly great reading. But regardless I think Pulis is heavily in favour of a defensive style, especially judging his time with us, alongside his previous clubs too.

Mainly for FFP reasons it would be poetic if Sheffield Wednesday and Derby both went down. 😂

A very respected and knowledgable (also a student of Pulis) once said that it’s harder to play against 10 men. I think we’re underestimating the genius of Tony in employing this tactic 

• Haha 3