• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Whether or not you think taking a knee is making a difference or not, to boo it is a very clear symbol of your own hatred and racism. Simple, no other explanation for it. Pathetic 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Whether or not you think taking a knee is making a difference or not, to boo it is a very clear symbol of your own hatred and racism. Simple, no other explanation for it. Pathetic 

Not necessary. For instance I agree with the message but not the BLM movement as whole. (Yes I know taking the knee has tried to distance itself from BLM but not everyone understand that) 
However Saying that with my experience  of Millwall they are more likely to fall into the mouth breathing. Knuckle dragging  racists than any sort of political message

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Dont agree with that at all. I would wager 99.9% of people booing are doing so because they dont agree with the black lives matter movement which as Uwe said rightly or wrongly its associated with. If you want to see it as hatred and racism then fair enough, I prefer to see it as showing discontent at football supporting a violent and racist organisation.

1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

Dont agree with that at all. I would wager 99.9% of people booing are doing so because they dont agree with the black lives matter movement which as Uwe said rightly or wrongly its associated with. If you want to see it as hatred and racism then fair enough, I prefer to see it as showing discontent at football supporting a violent and racist organisation.

Do you think all those players are supporting any organisation or do you think they're symbolising standing up against racism?

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Do you think all those players are supporting any organisation or do you think they're symbolising standing up against racism?

The players? I think they're probably doing what they are told. Doubt many of them give much of a thought either way.

If it was just about standing up to racism there would be no issue and I doubt any booing of any sort.

Just now, Dan1234 said:

The players? I think they're probably doing what they are told. Doubt many of them give much of a thought either way.

If it was just about standing up to racism there would be no issue and I doubt any booing of any sort.

But that is all its about. It's people who want to have an issue with it that are making it more than that. It's an excuse. 

• Like 1

Whether you agree with the BLM organisation or not, surely everyone should be on board about the underlying message and the symbolism of taking the knee. 

Wasn't taking a knee started by NFL players anyway? BLM have incorporated it into their protest?

• Like 1
Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

Whether you agree with the BLM organisation or not, surely everyone should be on board about the underlying message and the symbolism of taking the knee. 

Wasn't taking a knee started by NFL players anyway?

Yep. Like I said, just an excuse.

• Like 1