• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

Dont agree with that at all. I would wager 99.9% of people booing are doing so because they dont agree with the black lives matter movement which as Uwe said rightly or wrongly its associated with. If you want to see it as hatred and racism then fair enough, I prefer to see it as showing discontent at football supporting a violent and racist organisation.

A violent and racist organisation? You mean the movement that started because of police brutality against black people in America? Get a *** grip, mate.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

A violent and racist organisation? You mean the movement that started because of police brutality against black people in America? Get a *** grip, mate.

You need to get a grip. Just because people have a varied opinion to your holier than thou approach. 
We all know why the BLM movement started so we don’t need the lecture. However it’s been hijacked by a radical and nasty element that wants to divide people further and further. 
If I see any racist/Bigoted actions against anyone I will willingly stand along side the oppressed and fight with them but I can’t get behind an organisation spewing the vitriol that I see in the BLM movement. It’s one of the main reasons I came off all social media and it was really starting to affect me

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Uwe said:

You need to get a grip. Just because people have a varied opinion to your holier than thou approach. 
We all know why the BLM movement started so we don’t need the lecture. However it’s been hijacked by a radical and nasty element that wants to divide people further and further. 
If I see any racist/Bigoted actions against anyone I will willingly stand along side the oppressed and fight with them but I can’t get behind an organisation spewing the vitriol that I see in the BLM movement. It’s one of the main reasons I came off all social media and it was really starting to affect me

Y'know, when you wage war against classes of people for a significantly long enough time, it is beyond unreasonable to turn around and target them for the way they express their response and say that they are the problem. It is even more unreasonable when you don't even exist as part of that aspect of society. We can literally never understand the pain and agony that black people have gone through, not just recently but over decades of systemic racism, hatred and bigotry. All we can do is listen, highlight, empower, back the positive side of the message. Booing footballers for trying to do that is not helpful at all. Do you think football in this country is intentionally backing a message of violence and racism with its messaging around black lives? Do you think that by supporting black lives in such a public way that they are encouraging violence? If not, why do we even need to sit and consider why Millwall fans did what they did? We know damn well why they did it and it's sweet *** all to do with opposing violence.

It's ridiculous that, instead of focusing on the positive notions of supporting black lives, that people think that actually the spotlight should be on these radical nasty 'elements', so much so that now this movement is apparently defined by racism and violence. That's just plain bloody ignorance, mate. It's no less ignorant than people who think tackling climate change is undermined by the likes of Extinction Rebellion's antics. Extinction Rebellion exist as a result of our leaders inability to focus on tackling climate change and whatever BLM does exists because we didn't tackle systemic racism.

• Like 2

Leeds lose 3-1 to Chelsea, remaining in 13th and can fall to 15th dependent on results tomorrow.

The BBC live feed was bizarrely discussing whether they were the best promoted side in PL history, which is absolutely ridiculous.

17 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Y'know, when you wage war against classes of people for a significantly long enough time, it is beyond unreasonable to turn around and target them for the way they express their response and say that they are the problem. It is even more unreasonable when you don't even exist as part of that aspect of society. We can literally never understand the pain and agony that black people have gone through, not just recently but over decades of systemic racism, hatred and bigotry. All we can do is listen, highlight, empower, back the positive side of the message. Booing footballers for trying to do that is not helpful at all. Do you think football in this country is intentionally backing a message of violence and racism with its messaging around black lives? Do you think that by supporting black lives in such a public way that they are encouraging violence? If not, why do we even need to sit and consider why Millwall fans did what they did? We know damn well why they did it and it's sweet *** all to do with opposing violence.

It's ridiculous that, instead of focusing on the positive notions of supporting black lives, that people think that actually the spotlight should be on these radical nasty 'elements', so much so that now this movement is apparently defined by racism and violence. That's just plain bloody ignorance, mate. It's no less ignorant than people who think tackling climate change is undermined by the likes of Extinction Rebellion's antics. Extinction Rebellion exist as a result of our leaders inability to focus on tackling climate change and whatever BLM does exists because we didn't tackle systemic racism.

I disagree with a few points you’ve raised here. But rather than thrash this out over the internet I hope we can discuss this over a pint at a Boro match once this COVID mess is under control. 
please understand that this is a sincere offer I’ll even get the first round in. As I’m not the most articulate at the written word and so much can be lost/misinterpreted when discussed in this manner. One favourite saying is “on the Internet anything that couple possibly taken the wrong way, most certainly always will be” 👍 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Uwe said:

I disagree with a few points you’ve raised here. But rather than thrash this out over the internet I hope we can discuss this over a pint at a Boro match once this COVID mess is under control. 
please understand that this is a sincere offer I’ll even get the first round in. As I’m not the most articulate at the written word and so much can be lost/misinterpreted when discussed in this manner. One favourite saying is “on the Internet anything that couple possibly taken the wrong way, most certainly always will be” 👍 

I can absolutely agree to that, mate. 👍

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Leeds lose 3-1 to Chelsea, remaining in 13th and can fall to 15th dependent on results tomorrow.

The BBC live feed was bizarrely discussing whether they were the best promoted side in PL history, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Mental. I'm really sick of how everyone gets on about them. Bielsa being in the top 5 managers in the world is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in football. Wolves were far far better when they went up, along with quite a few others.

16 hours ago, Uwe said:

Not necessary. For instance I agree with the message but not the BLM movement as whole. (Yes I know taking the knee has tried to distance itself from BLM but not everyone understand that) 
However Saying that with my experience  of Millwall they are more likely to fall into the mouth breathing. Knuckle dragging  racists than any sort of political message

They're not exactly known for their tolerance and inclusivity round that part of London.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'd like to pick you up on the Extinction Rebellion bit.

I'd say the Climate Change movement IS undermined by extremist idiots like that, because the media then has an excuse to tar all climate activists with the same brush. Not only that but their antics *** off and disrupt ordinary people just trying to get on with their lives.

As far as I'm concerned they do far more harm than good. Greta Thunberg had the right idea by actually going to a conference and venting directly at all the world leaders assembled there.

Sadly groups like ER and even Greenpeace and Friends of the Earth are just idiots, as far as I'm concerned. They're anti nuclear power, even though renewables can't yet reliably supply all our energy requirements. They're anti hybrid and electric cars because manufacturing the batteries has a high carbon footprint. They want everyone to go vegan because eating meat is bad for the planet. They're against building houses and roads - again because of the carbon footprint & destruction of the environment...yet bizarrely they're usually also the same people who want unlimited migration.

Heard a good interview on 5 Live recently from a scientist who joined ER but left a year or so later when they hung her out to dry by forcing her to try to defend their more extreme policies on another radio show. That was one reason she left, but she also realised they have this hopelessly childish ideology in which humanity has zero impact on the planet.

I want to save the planet as much as anyone...but I believe in doing it through scientific research and engineering. Developing new technologies and improving existing ones. Guiding humanity to a greener future instead of demanding we stop doing pretty much everything right now.

I also agree we are being badly let down by our leaders. They make a lot of grand statements, but usually fail to back them up with meaningful action. They're the people we should be targeting.

Stopping ordinary people getting to work achieves nothing.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Mental. I'm really sick of how everyone gets on about them. Bielsa being in the top 5 managers in the world is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in football. Wolves were far far better when they went up, along with quite a few others.

I think a lot of people are still thinking about how they got off to a pretty good start, had a few good results and that ding-dong game with Liverpool.

But they've had some heavy defeats recently, to Palace and Leicester and now the Chelsea result. Looks like other managers have got them sussed and they'll probably do well to manage a lower mid-table finish.

• Like 1