oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Think I  read somewhere that if no one goes by midnight on December 6, it is the first time that has happened for about 25 years, would imagine that Bilic is looking over his shoulder as well, when Benteke scores against you it is not a good omen 

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

@Old Codger Wilder too. Although he's worked wonders they've spent a fair bit in the 2 seasons they've been in the prem and owners tend to get a bit trigger happy.

Dyche looked a dead cert at one stage, rumoured to have fallen out with the board and wasn't getting any results. But he's picked up a few points in the last couple of games.

Possibly correct, but given their situation it might already have been decided to accept relegation almost certain and if he doesn't look like taking them straight back up next season, then get rid. They are not shipping goals by the dozen, they are just not scoring, so if he can remedy that and go again, then he has a chance as long as the fans are still behind him to a degree. However now that he is working for one of the Saudi princes, it probably depends on whether he can still convince him that it is just a temporary thing or a complete rebuild is required. Probably less of a gamble to keep him and hope that their luck turns, but if they do, the squad is not overloaded with flair players, so depending on who the replacement would be, it will probably involve a significant amount of money being pumped in    

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Those are very good points and I know that you don’t go on Twitter, but if you did, you’d be amazed at how tribal it has become, even more so in the USA. 

I suspect a lot of people aren't on twitter or don't post anything that would ever really draw attention to themselves.  Twitter is just the modern equivalent of standing on a street corner shouting your head off for some people.  Like I said, we notice the people who shout the loudest a lot more than we notice the rest.  The USA holds absolutely no interest to me though to be honest.  No idea what the fascination is for so many people.

29 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I suspect a lot of people aren't on twitter or don't post anything that would ever really draw attention to themselves.  Twitter is just the modern equivalent of standing on a street corner shouting your head off for some people.  Like I said, we notice the people who shout the loudest a lot more than we notice the rest.  The USA holds absolutely no interest to me though to be honest.  No idea what the fascination is for so many people.

I suspect in post-Brexit Britain, the US holds a great deal of interest to a few important individuals. 😬

• Haha 1

Regarding Brexit I'm not sure whether to laugh or hold my head in my hands regarding the potential deal we are trying to thrash out. With every other EU nation able to veto it and stop it happening. When for years I read people saying we would be forced to join things like the European army as reasons why they chose to leave. 

3 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Regarding Brexit I'm not sure whether to laugh or hold my head in my hands regarding the potential deal we are trying to thrash out. With every other EU nation able to veto it and stop it happening. When for years I read people saying we would be forced to join things like the European army as reasons why they chose to leave. 

Oh once we leave, we’ll still have to join the European army, what chance do we have against 27 other nations?
We’ll be conquered and overthrown before you can whistle God save the queen whilst washing your hands! 

5 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Oh once we leave, we’ll still have to join the European army, what chance do we have against 27 other nations?
We’ll be conquered and overthrown before you can whistle God save the queen whilst washing your hands! 

I suspect that this is a very much tongue in cheek post. But just in case it isn’t,  we still are a member of NATO which is a much bigger and dominant (in a military sense) than anything the EU could throw together

2 hours ago, Uwe said:

I suspect that this is a very much tongue in cheek post. But just in case it isn’t,  we still are a member of NATO which is a much bigger and dominant (in a military sense) than anything the EU could throw together

Of course it’s tongue in cheek mate. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

World Cup draw at 5...  believe we are one of seeded teams

Group I

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Poland 🇵🇱 

Hungary 🇭🇺 

Albania 🇦🇱 

Andorra 🇦🇩 

San  Marino 🇸🇲 

1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

Poland be tough but to have Andorra and San Marino Kane and Lewandowski be licking their lips. 

It's why you can't really pay any attention to international scoring records. When these top class players are coming up against part time teams 5 or 6 times a year you expect it to be very skewed. Hate these qualifying campaigns tbh, 9/10 times they're predictable and pointless.

12 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

It's why you can't really pay any attention to international scoring records. When these top class players are coming up against part time teams 5 or 6 times a year you expect it to be very skewed. Hate these qualifying campaigns tbh, 9/10 times they're predictable and pointless.

Very true.

Look at Ronaldo, 7 goals against Lithuania, 6 against Andorra, 5 each against Armenia, Luxembourg and Latvia, 4 against the Faroe Islands and then Estonia. Then there's a whole bunch against other dross.

He's also scored against good teams, obviously, but he's filled his  boots over the years. 

Got to feel sorry for the South American International players, so much harder for them as it's such a competitive continent in comparison.

The obvious comparison being Messi, his list of opponents is far less padded because of qualifiers.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1