• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

He will be and that’s before he flogs people in January to increase his own personal bank account.

"We didn't want to sell [insert name here] but he made it clear he wanted to leave"

40 minutes ago, Brunners said:

"We didn't want to sell [insert name here] but he made it clear he wanted to leave"

If they don’t pay a player he has the right to cancel his contract hasn’t he? Don’t know how long he has to wait or how many months pay has to be missed though. 

11 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Didn't they continue buying players as close as 2 months ago too?

That's what I thought. They did have a few players leaving according to transfermarkt so there seems to generally be a lot of replacing what had left... but they certainly didn't seem afraid of stepping into the market and promising wages to players.

2 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

He will be and that’s before he flogs people in January to increase his own personal bank account.

I'm 100% certain I read somewhere that he had a huge falling out with the West Brom board, because he wanted to sell Berahino (and take his cut) and they didn't want to sell him.

3 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Not really a surprise that, fluffing the accounts doesn't sort their underlying issues.
Wonder if Pulis is still being paid?

He will have made sure to have a clause in the contract that says he must be the first person at the club to be paid.

11 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'm 100% certain I read somewhere that he had a huge falling out with the West Brom board, because he wanted to sell Berahino (and take his cut) and they didn't want to sell him.

In that particular transfer they should have listened to him. What a dud berahino became.

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

He will have made sure to have a clause in the contract that says he must be the first person at the club to be paid.

He got sued by Palace as well didn't he? Over a bonus/sign on fee if I recall correctly.
Bit of an unscrupulous character, to think he profited personally from us selling Bamford, Traore and Gibson is a bit sickening.

Might see a bit of a fire sale in Ligue 1 (France), their main TV deal has collapsed entirely. There was a €3.2 Billion deal over 4 years agreed, but after only 4 months the company (Mediapro) hasn't been able to keep up with it's scheduled installments.

It equates to roughly €800 million per year, the 2nd highest deal they have with broadcasters brings in €330 Million, huge difference.

Anyone else feel gutted Tier 3 was not lifted.
I support the restrictions because it’s global and we are no different in the way we are trying to combat the virus. It’s a shame people deny there is a risk and continually ignore the rules allowing the virus to spread. I know of people who think it a conspiracy but for what reason none can explain. 

Having relocated back to the U.K. due to health (back problem), age and down turn in the oil and gas construction industry I started a company around a year ago and fell foul of the first lockdown. Best bet of opening second week Jan. As it’s a new business i, we, a partner can’t claim a penny in support and have invested over £65k. I can tell you with no income personnel savings just vaporise.

Of course at my age I can’t start over again or recover my savings and I don’t want nor ever had state help. I know if I loose everything it could be the end, it’s  worrying with sleepless nights to the point depression, but I look at others around me, and there fight for survival, and think, you have to do this, you have to reinvent, keep going, stay positive because if it is successful not only will I survive but we create jobs for local people who also need a lifeline. 

I can tell you though, and I’m not a moderate drinker by any means, but I miss a trip to the local and I could murder a pint with friends.