oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

15 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

What a ***!

If I were the manager I'd stick him in the reserves for the rest of the season to teach him a lesson.

Why do so many footballers act like overgrown children?

For every Marcus Rashford, there are about 10 of these characters.

Because they are bound by a contract and can't just change jobs like the rest of us if a competitor offers a massive pay increase. If a club refuses to sell a player they might feel they need to something radical to force it through. I can only imagine that this player is on a fairly low wage and Anderlecht have probably offered a pretty big wage in comparison. If another company called me up to triple my wages I'd probably hand in my notice tomorrow.

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Because they are bound by a contract and can't just change jobs like the rest of us if a competitor offers a massive pay increase. If a club refuses to sell a player they might feel they need to something radical to force it through. I can only imagine that this player is on a fairly low wage and Anderlecht have probably offered a pretty big wage in comparison. If another company called me up to triple my wages I'd probably hand in my notice tomorrow.

He's not trying to sign for Anderlecht.

He's trying to sign for Panathinaikos in Greece, and he's trying to *** off the club enough that they'll sell him by wearing their rival's shirt.

He's been a tosser and has since apologised for acting like a little kid.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He's not trying to sign for Anderlecht.

He's trying to sign for Panathinaikos in Greece, and he's trying to *** off the club enough that they'll sell him by wearing their rival's shirt.

He's been a tosser and has since apologised for acting like a little kid.

Thought he was trying for Anderlecht. But nevertheless it's the same point. Trying to force through a move to gain a better contract. I'm not condoning it, but I can still see the reason why some players are doing it.

25 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Well if he's not happy with his current contract, thats his, or his agent's fault for agreeing to it in the first place.

Footballers have it pretty good as it is (in the top couple of leagues anyway). Allowing them to bounce around from one club to another, as soon as a better deal comes along, just creates an environment for even greater instability at clubs.

Once signed, players should be prepared to honour their contracts, as long as its consistent with the club's pay structure and they haven't had a major falling out with the manager, coaches etc.

A player leaving a football club tends to have a far bigger impact than a person leaving a normal job at a decent-sized company (unless they're surplus to requirements and have been told they can go).

Last but not least, there are proper ways of lodging a protest. If he felt that strongly about it, he should have gone to whatever their equivalent of the PFA is, sought advice and taken appropriate action that way, instead of throwing a tantrum like a sulky kid.

• Like 1

Reading are moaning that they can't offer Omar Richards a new deal (He's been linked with Munich as he's out of contract in the summer) because of the EFL's FFP rules.

I'd argue it's reckless spending in the past few years and having a wage to turnover of nearly 2-1 that's probably the real reason.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BoroJake said:

Villa under 23s playing well against Liverpool. Just equalised

Just watched that game and it reminded of what football really is at its bones. 
Forget the money, forget the stardom you had 11 young boys having the time of their life playing a game they love. They interviewed the young Villa scorer (forget his name) who has just lost a FA Cup game 4-1 he has the biggest smile on his face totally buzzing giving a honest view on what just happened. Football is beautiful

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Derby have a youth squad out to be fair.

I’d back a half decent non league team of experienced grown up players against a team of kids any day, especially now reserve team football is a thing of the past and has been replaced by under 23’s. It takes a few seasons in the first team for the young ones to toughen up a bit. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, boro-unger said:

Yeah but Chorley are Chorley... 😛

I'm still hoping Marine can cause an upset against the Spuds...you just know Kane and Co aren't going to fancy playing in a tiny little ground like that, with people watching from their back gardens. 😁