oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

28 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’ll have you know, I used to enjoy a game of Half-life back in the day. I never filmed myself playing it though, who’d want to watch that?

You say that but then Gogglebox is somehow a successful show and I have no idea how people watching TV would in any way be enjoyable. Apart from when it happens on The Royle Family.

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Blanco said:

Ok thanks @wilsoncgp this is one of the times when I think I’m glad to be old. Sounds really weird to me 😂

Its actually a big thing now. People can make a decent living out of being a Twitch streamer (or YouTuber, for that matter).

They can show ads in their videos or streams, be sponsored by companies to promote stuff, or get donations fans on a platform called Patreon.

One Canadian musician I follow (with about 3 million subscribers) recently bought himself a house that looks just marginally smaller than the Riverside! 😲 

15 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Surely Rooney could lend Mel the money, it's not like he's short of a few bob is it?

I'm guessing his missus controls the purse strings. He just earns the money...she spends it... 😉

17 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

You say that but then Gogglebox is somehow a successful show and I have no idea how people watching TV would in any way be enjoyable. Apart from when it happens on The Royle Family.

Gogglebox is just one of many things that has convinced me humanity is doomed...

When so much worthless *** becomes so insanely popular, its impossible to see how our species has much of a future.

I still remember how the internet went into meltdown when the Kardashians finally realised how shallow and boring they were and cancelled their show. 🙄

23 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I'm guessing his missus controls the purse strings. He just earns the money...she spends it... 😉

I'm guessing he's not that bothered an is only there for the money anyway. Lucky for him Red32 is paying his silly wages. 

I just see Gogglebox as very similar to this and the many thousands of other website forums.

Ordinary people spouting their opinions on things that they find funny/annoying/interesting etc. In most cases it can be funnier than mainstream comedy plus it also is a sanity check on those who believe their you know what smells of Roses. Social commentary, just on another platform. Plato probably started it but didn't realise it at the time.

15 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I just see Gogglebox as very similar to this and the many thousands of other website forums.

Ordinary people spouting their opinions on things that they find funny/annoying/interesting etc. In most cases it can be funnier than mainstream comedy plus it also is a sanity check on those who believe their you know what smells of Roses. Social commentary, just on another platform. Plato probably started it but didn't realise it at the time.

Perhaps, but people were generally a lot more intelligent in Plato's day (or at least capable of more enlightened conversation). 😉

For me its the sheer triteness and banality I can't stand. People making generally unfunny, unoriginal and unintelligent comments about stuff I couldn't care less about.

And so-called "reality TV" is just scraping the bottom of the cess pit, as far as I'm concerned. Groups of idiots acting like even bigger idiots than usual because they have cameras pointed at them (or are coached to because the producers want "more drama").

The difference between crap like that, Gogglebox and internet forums is that at least you can choose to avoid stuff on the internet if you want to. There's no avoiding trailers for TV garbage...unless you channel-surf during ad breaks or go and do something else for 5 minutes.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

There's no avoiding trailers for TV garbage...unless you channel-surf during ad breaks or go and do something else for 5 minutes.

I very rarely watch "live" TV now for that very reason unless it is a major sporting event or a sensational breaking news story. Just about everything I watch now is recorded (including and especially the news). I just Fast Forward through the garbage ads and trailers. Ultimate problem I suppose then is who pays for it? 

There does seem to be a clamour amongst younger viewers for grinning, pouting dross like Towie or Geordies in the Jungle en route via the Bigg Market in mini skirts, fake tans and boob tubes. Throw in some dating shows with plastic enhanced people and I dread the future for the coming generations. Covid is maybe nature's way of putting "reality" back into their artificial lives.

On 1/13/2021 at 7:53 PM, Brunners said:

if you were good and/or funny - lots of people 🙂

Back in those days I was neither, I was a Neubercybe, obsessed with Dark Santa while listening to funeral of God, nobody would have wanted to watch that. 

• Like 1