oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Watching the half time chat of the Man Utd v Liverpool match and going purely on what Lineker/Shearer/Wright are wearing I can only assume that the game is being played in the Arctic circle 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

Looks like Lampards time is up at Chelsea.

Confirmed on the BBC not long ago.

I know he wasn't doing a stellar job, but he had a decent first season in charge. Considering he's a relatively inexperienced manager, you'd have thought they'd stick with him a while longer.

Look at all the stick OGS was getting at United...now he's got them top of the league.

If all Abramovich wants is instant success he should have got another experienced manager in.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, MMC said:

Never did anything to justify getting that job anyway. 

He finished 4th in the league last season with them despite only losing players due to their transfer embargo. He nearly did as well with them without Hazard as they did the previous season with him. I think he justified having the job whilst he was there.

This season has been disappointing but the squad has also changed dynamics quite a bit in the summer now that they're playing catch-up with other sides in their longer-term vision. Why does Lampard pay the price for that?

I'm not at all shocked for Chelsea to sack a manager before his time is up, it's the way things are in the Prem and Chelsea are certainly a big part of that problem. But Lampard came in at a time when nobody else would have wanted the job, when they couldn't sign any players and had to work with the hand they were dealt and still managed to deliver Champions League football. His reward for that is being sacked a month after somebody they wanted more was actually interested in the job. I think it stinks, personally.

• Like 2

Although it seems like he very much lost the dressing room. Apparently his pre match instructions were to "go out and express yourself" - he didn't give any tactical instructions. If that's true he probably did deserve to go.

11 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Although it seems like he very much lost the dressing room. Apparently his pre match instructions were to "go out and express yourself" - he didn't give any tactical instructions. If that's true he probably did deserve to go.

It rarely gets a reaction on Football Manager, that's true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
43 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Hmm...if true I guess it adds to the theory that good players don't necessarily make good managers. They usually instinctively knew what to do and can't always communicate to others how to do it.

• Like 1