• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I'm sure your first thought would be great but how does he contribute to clean sheets? 😂

I heard he’s a good catholic boy and doesn’t dirty his sheets 🤣

• Haha 1
On 1/31/2021 at 10:33 PM, DanFromDownSouth said:

If all clauses/bonuses etc were met it would be worth £492m over 4 years. He's been paid £450m of that figure already. Wild.

No wonder Barcelona are in financial turmoil with contracts like that. Absolute madness to pay that kind of money to one player. I can't help but find some joy when clubs go into financial hardship after being pigs with money.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

No wonder Barcelona are in financial turmoil with contracts like that. Absolute madness to pay that kind of money to one player. I can't help but find some joy when clubs go into financial hardship after being pigs with money.

Yep - this is where the spiral of greed leads.

Some people say players are worth what anyone is prepared to pay them...and this is exactly where that kind of thinking can take you.

This is why the sport needs greater regulation (or maybe just better enforcement of existing regulations). Put an end to dodgy owners / chairmen using legal loopholes, ridiculous contracts and clauses and agents earning nearly as much as players out of transfer deals.

How have Derby managed to get a few signings in? Thought they couldn't pay their players.....

On a side note I'll be gutted if/when Roberts starts tearing it up for them. It had to be fecking Derby.

48 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It’s fairly obvious that the £42m accumulated in their bank and their reluctance to splash out in the transfer market are directly linked with the sale that has just happened. The owners were obviously building up cash to maximize the value of the club. If they continue the same policy of not spending much, the £60m rumored to be borrowed by the club  to finance the deal can be paid back over a few years. It’s exactly what the Glazers have done, but at a much smaller scale club.

As long as they stay in Premier League, they’ll be ok - and as long as they keep Dyche, they will probably stay in Premier League, though it pains me to admit it. Relegation could make it a completely different game though. They would certainly have to bounce straight back or it would be a big problem.
Just think of the impact on Boro, if Gibson was charging 9% interest on the money he has put in!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

So that Man U score is really something..

I feel like the controversy around VAR will take much of the attention away from that result Brunners. That Che Adams disallowed goal and the straight red, utterly ridiculous decisions. The David Luiz one in the Wolves game was equally ridiculous. 

As Ferdinand said after the game, better off going through the back of players in the box in a false attempt to win the ball than accidently clip them. Hacking them down is a yellow and an accidental trip if the forward runs across the path is a red. Bizarre. 

• Like 1