• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Barnsley manager is doing a good job but certainly not one I would get excited about over the course of a few good months in this league.

Remember how some of our fans were mad for another former Barnsley manager, Daniel Stendel. There was some serious desires amongst our fans for us to go for him but he seems to have disappeared all together as does the clamour for him. 

5 hours ago, Brunners said:

SG doesn't like to hire managers that already have jobs. Has he ever, actually?

The snake is probably the only one that was close to being in a job - other than that no.

I don’t think we would go for him but I like how he sets up and is doing well with the players he has.

• Like 1

Feel like we're always predicting that today is the day Karanka gets sacked, but it's surely the last straw tonight.

23rd and 1 point from safety with the team in 21st having 2 games in hand on them, the next team with the same number of games played is 3 points clear of them.

Horrific form, 1 win in 10 and that was against us.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Feel like we're always predicting that today is the day Karanka gets sacked, but it's surely the last straw tonight.

23rd and 1 point from safety with the team in 21st having 2 games in hand on them, the next team with the same number of games played is 3 points clear of them.

Horrific form, 1 win in 10 and that was against us.

I was thinking exact same my friend. Surelt he a gonner now

Brentford unbeaten in 21 but on course to lose 2 in 2 here. QPR come from behind to lead them.

Norwich look like they over they own wobble and i cannot see anyone finishing above them.

15 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Brentford unbeaten in 21 but on course to lose 2 in 2 here. QPR come from behind to lead them.

Norwich look like they over they own wobble and i cannot see anyone finishing above them.

The undertaker lost after 21 too, spooky

Porto 2-0 Juventus just after half time in the first leg, great score.

Really wish the Champions League was only 1 leg this season, as I expect Juventus will get a couple of penalties and still win that tie.

Birmingham lost 2-0 away to Millwall tonight, leaving them staring down the barrel of relegation and Karanka highly likely to be sacked. I can't help but feel sorry for him as he's really struggled everywhere since he left here. He's an excellent coach but it seems like his confrontational man management is his achilles heel.

It's surely his last managerial job in England. His options will probably be try again to be a number one in Spain or become a number two in England if Mourinho wants him.

Birmingham are at home to Wednesday on Saturday. 

I'm guessing this must be Aitor's last stand. Lose this one and I think the backlash from the Blues fans and them then being three points behind the Owls (plus the Owls also having a game in hand) will be the tipping point. Their next game after that is home to Norwich.

9 hours ago, p_mards said:

Birmingham lost 2-0 away to Millwall tonight, leaving them staring down the barrel of relegation and Karanka highly likely to be sacked. I can't help but feel sorry for him as he's really struggled everywhere since he left here. He's an excellent coach but it seems like his confrontational man management is his achilles heel.

It's surely his last managerial job in England. His options will probably be try again to be a number one in Spain or become a number two in England if Mourinho wants him.

Aitor needs a nice-guy-Eddie alongside him, in the same way Peter Taylor kept the players onside when Brian Clough was having a meltdown. On his own, Clough was hopeless as a motivator and kept riling people up, but with Taylor, they achieved greatness because the latter could smooth the waters and lighten the dressing room mood.

I don't think Aitor can cope when things go wrong, and he keeps taking jobs where that's pretty much guaranteed to occur. He'd probably have fared better if he'd taken jobs at more stable clubs, rather than jumping into various basket cases. I don't think it's a coincidence his one spell of success came under Gibson.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Brunners said:

Unrelated but have you guys seen this altercation between Alan Judge and the ref Darren Drysdale?

Yeah - that was a strange one. Read a BBC article about it. Didn't say what it was over though.

In principle I wouldn't mind seeing more refs do this when they get hounded by players. Probably wouldn't end well though.

5 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Yeah - that was a strange one. Read a BBC article about it. Didn't say what it was over though.

In principle I wouldn't mind seeing more refs do this when they get hounded by players. Probably wouldn't end well though.

Saw it on reddit, where I was also reminded of this glorious reffing power move.

• Wow 1