oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

1 minute ago, thomas said:

Wonder how much the club regret that 😁

He’s looked ok as a target man without really threatening but that penalty was awful.

less than 5 minutes later he’s carted off 😂

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Just now, Whoppy said:

He’s looked ok as a target man without really threatening but that penalty was awful.

less than 5 minutes later he’s carted off 😂

Was it him who belted that shot a mile away as well?

Just now, Whoppy said:

Yes! It was miles wide 😂

Thank God for that bad shoulder or whatever it was that stopped him signing here 🙂

Although I suppose if he had signed for us he wouldn't have just missed that penalty 😭

• Like 1
Just now, Changing Times said:

Thank God for that bad shoulder or whatever it was that stopped him signing here 🙂

Although I suppose if he had signed for us he wouldn't have just missed that penalty 😭

I think we have the ability to make any striker rubbish but I agree he looks like a bullet dodged. That said Kieffer Moore, our main target, has been anonymous today. Huddersfield much the better side. 

7 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

I think we have the ability to make any striker rubbish but I agree he looks like a bullet dodged. That said Kieffer Moore, our main target, has been anonymous today. Huddersfield much the better side. 

I didn't think much of Cardiff when they played us, in either game actually, although I know they've improved since the game at their place.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Wasnt he just fat. Couldn’t last a training session.  

15 minutes ago, Borodane said:
39 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Wasnt he just fat. Couldn’t last a training session

Both are true. He sprained shoulder using his knife and fork like a drummer boy 

image.gif.717ed123604c9476b695f703f8e1ced1.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
14 hours ago, Old Codger said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56291850

Am I reading this right in understanding that it only applies to attack and not defence..  or is it just unclear wording?

It's unclear wording but that doesn't surprise me. The use of VAR is the footballing equivalent of a pandemic, it has spread uncontrollably and they are now desperately fighting a rear-guard action whilst trying to find a vaccine for it.

I seem to recall in the old days hand ball was simply a case of ball to hand or hand to ball. It didn't need an army of technicians and multiple camera angles to spot the obvious. That disallowed Fulham goal against Spurs for me signalled the death knell of the game that we knew and loved and its dystopian future. In all seriousness I can't for the life of me figure out how any football oriented individual could have perceived that as a handball. 

44 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

It's unclear wording but that doesn't surprise me. The use of VAR is the footballing equivalent of a pandemic, it has spread uncontrollably and they are now desperately fighting a rear-guard action whilst trying to find a vaccine for it.

I seem to recall in the old days hand ball was simply a case of ball to hand or hand to ball. It didn't need an army of technicians and multiple camera angles to spot the obvious. That disallowed Fulham goal against Spurs for me signalled the death knell of the game that we knew and loved and its dystopian future. In all seriousness I can't for the life of me figure out how any football oriented individual could have perceived that as a handball. 

The sooner VAR is scrapped the better as far as I’m concerned, it’s absolutely ruining the flow of games, players score but have to wait until they are told the goal was allowed and the decisions are all just as contentious as those that used to be given, pre VAR. I hate the new fad for linesmen not flagging offsides, someone is going to get seriously injured playing on, when the flag should have been raised, there is barely any point having referee’s assistants any more.

I can understand the idea of VAR for clear and obvious errors, but that’s not how it’s being used, the remote ref is pretty much doing the on pitch officials jobs for them and don’t get me started on those marginal off side calls. It’s obvious to any one who has played football that the momentum of the forward will cause them to lean towards the goal, whilst conversely the defender will be leaning forwards the other way. Offside should be judged on where players feet are and nothing else and that can be done by the linesman without the need for VAR.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

The sooner VAR is scrapped the better as far as I’m concerned, it’s absolutely ruining the flow of games, players score but have to wait until they are told the goal was allowed and the decisions are all just as contentious as those that used to be given, pre VAR. I hate the new fad for linesmen not flagging offsides, someone is going to get seriously injured playing on, when the flag should have been raised, there is barely any point having referee’s assistants any more.

Funny you should say that, the latest rumours in the papers are that FIFA are wanting to introduce "robot linesman" for the World Cup next year.

Not sure how well it would actually function, but linesman are being made gradually obsolete.

• Angry 1
3 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Offside should be judged on where players feet are

I've said this for ages too. Obviously players can score with other parts of the body, but the feet are the best judge of "starting" position.

I saw Wenger suggesting new offside laws and saying that if any part of the attacker was in line with a defender that it should be onside. But then someone showed this picture and said that under Wenger's interpretation that would be onside, which looking at it doesn't feel right.

Screenshot_20210306-122706_Twitter.jpg

Not seen it mentioned anywhere but there was another Covid outbreak in the Rotherham squad and there rearranged fixture in mid week has been postponed again.

It's happening so frequently that I'm beginning to suspect it's dodgy. Certainly needs investigating why one club is having so many repeated outbreaks that's forcing games to be cancelled.

I think this is the 5th game they'll have had rearranged now.

They'll have 3 games in hand on most teams by next Saturday.

Congrats to Rangers on winning the Scottish Premiership I know it’s a Micky mouse competition and just shows how easy Celtic have had it for 10 years