oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

15 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Funny how many people (not on here) seem to be revelling in Liverpool's meltdown.

Something is unquestionably wrong there, for things to have fallen apart as quickly as they have. Can't be just down to injuries.

A few months ago they'd have torn a team like Fulham to shreds.

This is largely on Klopp, the man doesn't have a Plan B, he runs the same 15 man squad into the ground and doesn't drop players if he can help it. Injuries to key players haven't helped him of course but that just highlights how Liverpool don't have the strength in depth the way the likes of Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd have. Again, that's largely down to Klopp.

It happened at Dortmund and Mainz as well.

Edited by Denzel Zanzibar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 34.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Will said:

Thanks - that was a good read. No idea if it has any basis in fact, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

It has bothered me for quite a while at the emphasis on pace and power in UK football, often at the expense of skill. 

When you read the stats showing players frequently cover more than 10k in a single match - and then factor in they've been doing this twice a week for the last year or so, it becomes less surprising how much of an issue fatigue and injuries are.

Maybe thats why players wear those trackers now, so the physios can give the manager the nod if they need to be pulled off? 😉

I'd really love to see us change to a slower-paced, more Continental style game...nicer to watch as well as probably being easier on the players. But I don't see it happening any time soon.

On 3/8/2021 at 8:48 AM, Denzel Zanzibar said:

This is largely on Klopp, the man doesn't have a Plan B, he runs the same 15 man squad into the ground and doesn't drop players if he can help it. Injuries to key players haven't helped him of course but that just highlights how Liverpool don't have the strength in depth the way the likes of Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd have. Again, that's largely down to Klopp.

It happened at Dortmund and Mainz as well.

The short preseason and lack of rest between seasons won’t have helped Liverpool and their high intensity game.

55 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I just thought some of you would enjoy this goal! 

beaten at the near post.. shocking..   thousands of goalkeepers in the world would have saved that and at least one could have stood in the centre and reached it without moving..  🙂  excellent reactions from striker, but was defender trying to dodge goalkeeper or ball? 

3 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Charlie Wyke and Jordan Jones both leading Sunderland to promotion now, it's so upsetting.

Neither of them would have made it here.  Jones needed a change of scene to get himself away from trouble and refocused on football.  Wyke was not ready to step up into our first team when he was released and needed to be somewhere where he would be a regular player in order to progress.  He would have just sat in our under 23s and not developed as much.  We made the correct call at the time with both players.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, White Band said:

Neither of them would have made it here.  Jones needed a change of scene to get himself away from trouble and refocused on football.  Wyke was not ready to step up into our first team when he was released and needed to be somewhere where he would be a regular player in order to progress.  He would have just sat in our under 23s and not developed as much.  We made the correct call at the time with both players.

They could both be 36, and have been absolutely *** their entire career, it would still be upsetting to see them helping Sunderland to promotion.

I'm not bothered that we released them or they're doing well, it's where they're doing well.

13 hours ago, Old Codger said:

beaten at the near post.. shocking..   thousands of goalkeepers in the world would have saved that and at least one could have stood in the centre and reached it without moving..  🙂  excellent reactions from striker, but was defender trying to dodge goalkeeper or ball? 

To me it looks like a case of having a defender on the line being more hindrance than help.

If you freeze the video at 20 seconds, you can see the keeper has his eye on the ball for the follow-up shot and is preparing to make a save. I just think he was maybe put off by the defender and didn't move as much as he would have done otherwise.

Similarly the defender is likely aware of his keeper and tries (not very hard) to get out of his way.

I always thought the point of having a defender on the line was to guard the opposite post, in case the ball went past the keeper?

In this case they were practically on top of each other.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1