oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

3 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Although some countries have got a pretty backwards culture with regards to racism, most of the racism that has been reported in this country this year has come domestically - most recent of which against our very own bolasie. But it seems to me this season there's been more reported instances than ever - this might just be that more players are coming forward about it now but either way it's very concerning 

While this is still going on, absolutely no criticism can be directed at any other country. Sort your own house out first etc. 

They are many problems in this country but no where near as overt as some of the Eastern European countries I’ve lived in/visited. (Unfortunately that just makes our racists also cowards to boot) but I will continue to call it out wherever I see it regardless of where it comes from if you don’t mind 👍

• Like 4
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Uwe said:

They are many problems in this country but no where near as overt as some of the Eastern European countries I’ve lived in/visited. (Unfortunately that just makes our racists also cowards to boot) but I will continue to call it out wherever I see it regardless of where it comes from if you don’t mind 👍

Just re-read my comment I didn’t mean it to come across so arsey, so I apologise if it did. Hopefully you get where I’m coming from tho 👍

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Uwe said:

Just re-read my comment I didn’t mean it to come across so arsey, so I apologise if it did. Hopefully you get where I’m coming from tho 👍

Arsey Uwe has a lovely ring to it 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry but I’m back on the Guinness 🤣🤣

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Uwe said:

Haha absolutely. My comment was more directed at a national level than any individual level. As in don't say "this country has so many problems" when similar is evident in your own country, if that makes sense? Ireland isn't any better, trust me! We should be focusing on individuals rather than lumping anything into one. 

Slavia Prague should be kicked out of the competition, and I'm not just saying that as an Arsenal fan. 

The comments from the club and a large proportion of it's fans on social media following this incident is absolutely shocking. If UEFA really are serious about kicking out racism (hint hint, they're not) then they would set an example here that it is absolutely not acceptable.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, SmogDane said:

I didn't try to bash other countries ... Western countries have issues too ... But the general opinion is far worse in Russia and other countries ... It's more accepted to have racist opinions ... 

Neo nazism is sadly thriving in Russia .. 

It's sadly a fact .. and not my opinion to bash a country

I concur with that. We are nowhere remotely close to being a beacon of virtue in this country but business travels in Eastern European countries over several decades has opened my eyes to just how rampant intolerant attitudes are and how hate is openly perpetuated.

Only this morning I was reading about Poland and how it is being dragged back to the 1950's and then the next article I read was about Turkey and Erdogan withdrawing from the Istanbul Convention on women's rights, which aims to protect women against violence. This is 2021 and it is worryingly sounding like the 1930's in parts of the world.

The most frightening part for me is that it's seemingly ingrained and conditioned and not even recognised as being wrong, in fact quite the opposite.

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Only this morning I was reading about Poland and how it is being dragged back to the 1950's

They are really winding back the clock in regards to the attitudes toward the LQBT community. Especially as it is mainly coming from Government, passing bills etc.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Slavia Prague should be kicked out of the competition, and I'm not just saying that as an Arsenal fan. 

The comments from the club and a large proportion of it's fans on social media following this incident is absolutely shocking. If UEFA really are serious about kicking out racism (hint hint, they're not) then they would set an example here that it is absolutely not acceptable.

That is one of my big beefs about football and sporting authorities in general.

They preach tolerance and come up with these campaigns that have good intentions but very little impact.

Then when they are confronted with open hatred / intolerance, they promptly stick their heads in the sand, instead of taking action to deal with it...or at least not letting those attitudes have a chance to gain any publicity or credibility within their tournaments.

A lot like the UN really...issuing lots of condemnations and passing sanctions that hurt everyone but their intended targets, instead of taking meaningful action.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I concur with that. We are nowhere remotely close to being a beacon of virtue in this country but business travels in Eastern European countries over several decades has opened my eyes to just how rampant intolerant attitudes are and how hate is openly perpetuated.

Only this morning I was reading about Poland and how it is being dragged back to the 1950's and then the next article I read was about Turkey and Erdogan withdrawing from the Istanbul Convention on women's rights, which aims to protect women against violence. This is 2021 and it is worryingly sounding like the 1930's in parts of the world.

The most frightening part for me is that it's seemingly ingrained and conditioned and not even recognised as being wrong, in fact quite the opposite.

It is scary indeed.

Not just Russia but China too with its enslavement of the Uighurs and continuing drive to turn Hong Kong into another vassal state. Also militarising islands in the South China Sea. I can see that causing issues similar to when Iran captured those cargo ships.

Not to mention utterly failing to intervene in Yemen and sort that whole mess out. Like the Saudis can be trusted to do that.

So much crap going on and the rest of the world is just standing by and watching it happen...

Have a feeling we're gonna be reaping the whirlwind sooner or later.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

In another pretty vile twist some Slavia ultras have unveiled a racist banner directed at Kamara. 😔

All over twitter at the moment.

Of course they have, they're from a *** horrible club from a socially backwards country.

Seriously, UEFA should be throwing them out of the competition.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Blimey. Bournemouth are getting absolutely tonked in the FA cup. Three down and it could be six. 

Just shows the huge chasm between the Premiership and the upper echelons of the Championship especially considering that it wasn't that long ago that Bournemouth were in the Premiership.