oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

On 3/21/2021 at 7:12 PM, TeaCider24 said:

I don't know why I'm getting so much satisfaction every time Luis Suarez scores for Atletico Madrid, Barcelona have so much egg on for their face from forcing him out.

As much as I'm enjoying it too, Barca absolutely HAD to get his wages off their books in the summer. They genuinely were on the brink of going bankrupt over the summer.

But then trying to keep together the most expensive team in football (Wages wise), not having continued success and then not cutting your cloth accordingly, you only have yourself to blame, when situations like this arise.

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56487648

Barnsley best hope they go up as being ordered to pay £1m is a fairly significant sum for them at this level and would impact on they summer recruitment I would imagine

I'd never even read the story of Angus MacDonald, I don't think. Incredible to see he's played the majority of games for Rotherham this season after coming through that experience, can't have been an easy time for him.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'd never even read the story of Angus MacDonald, I don't think. Incredible to see he's played the majority of games for Rotherham this season after coming through that experience, can't have been an easy time for him.

There is obviously more to the story and I can see why Hull are complaining but he has played for Hull and is now at a higher level with Rotherham and played 29 times for them this season so while it should have been made clear to all parties it doesn't look like his playing career was affected or indeed that he couldn't cope with the rigours of the level that he was playing at.

I'm guessing that he was missing for a lengthy time period having treatment hence only 21 appearances for Hull or was it that he just wasn't selected by the Tigers?

41 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

There is obviously more to the story and I can see why Hull are complaining but he has played for Hull and is now at a higher level with Rotherham and played 29 times for them this season so while it should have been made clear to all parties it doesn't look like his playing career was affected or indeed that he couldn't cope with the rigours of the level that he was playing at.

I'm guessing that he was missing for a lengthy time period having treatment hence only 21 appearances for Hull or was it that he just wasn't selected by the Tigers?

He signed for Hull when both they and Barnsley were in the Championship.

He didn't play for 556 days whilst with them, so I expect the cancer treatment really impacted things.

Made 1 appearance in 2018/19, then didn't appear in the squad again for 80 games.

Obviously it comes across as unseemly, but the dispute was with Barnsley, not the player himself.

Not sure how much I agree with the verdict, personally, as I'm sure Barnsley had no knowledge that he had cancer when they sold him.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

He signed for Hull when both they and Barnsley were in the Championship.

He didn't play for 556 days whilst with them, so I expect the cancer treatment really impacted things.

Made 1 appearance in 2018/19, then didn't appear in the squad again for 80 games.

Obviously it comes across as unseemly, but the dispute was with Barnsley, not the player himself.

Not sure how much I agree with the verdict, personally, as I'm sure Barnsley had no knowledge that he had cancer when they sold him.

It sounds like they had knowledge of symptoms that could affect his playing time even if he hadn't yet discovered he had cancer.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Peterborough have *** it, Sunderland are going up automatically.

Nightmare.

Plenty of games for Sunderland to bottle it still. But it would be interesting to have them in the championship. 

42 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Not a fan of the Tees - Wear derby then?

I'm a fan of Sunderland doing worse than us.

If they fail to get promoted, they are guaranteed to do worse than us for at least another season.

46 games in League One is far more fun than 2 games against them in the Championship.

I still resent their disgusting fans from the cup match too, so I can't say the thought of having their fans in the stadium again thrills me.

I'm really hoping Newcastle come down though.

None of the Sunderland fans I know consider Middlesbrough as a derby. For that reason alone, neither do I. I couldn't give two hoots if Newcastle or Sunderland make their way to the Championship. It would be just another game for me. 

1 hour ago, Lee. said:

None of the Sunderland fans I know consider Middlesbrough as a derby. For that reason alone, neither do I. I couldn't give two hoots if Newcastle or Sunderland make their way to the Championship. It would be just another game for me. 

I don't think there's any doubt that, were you to ask any Newcastle or Sunderland fan what derby day is, they'll say the game against the other.

But then, if you were to take the point that both sets of fans have to view it unequivocally as a derby then I don't think we'd have any derby days at all.

I still see Newcastle, Sunderland and, in recent years, Leeds as the big ones to look out for on the calendar irrespective of what their fans think of the games.