oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

4 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's not just to get attention, it's to avoid any kind of association to them. They can't be brought to justice for racial abuse if they can't be connected to it. The worst in society use that anonymity to their advantage to abuse/harass people for the colour of their skin, their sex, their gender.

It is awkward though because some people use these systems to essentially be themselves without outing themselves. It's still hard to live publicly, sometimes even within your own family, as a transgender person for example. So what happens to them if you need ID to sign up to Twitter? They potentially lose their community or their safety.

Sorry, I meant that specific message was to get attention, like it seems contrived to me, if that makes sense?  Although as Anglian said, it could be someone for whom English isn't their first language.  It's basically gibberish though isn't it?  If someone sent you a message saying monkey gay idiot team, you'd think they weren't right in the head, wouldn't you?

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Sorry, I meant that specific message was to get attention, like it seems contrived to me, if that makes sense?  Although as Anglian said, it could be someone for whom English isn't their first language.  It's basically gibberish though isn't it?  If someone sent you a message saying monkey gay idiot team, you'd think they weren't right in the head, wouldn't you?

The wording is so bad I was inclined to think it was a bot 🤷‍♂️
Not that I’m saying there aren’t a ton of racist abuse from real f**ktards on the net because there’s absolutely is. But this one is especially bad even for those lot

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I don't think the lack of cohesion really changes the racist intention all too much.

I also wouldn't be surprised if it was a bot either, as @Uwe mentions, but bots don't just come from nowhere, they're largely created with the express intention to do something for the creator.

This could be something as simple as responding to every Tweet with a certain hashtag or word with a predefined message, perhaps a customer service bot that directs complaints to an FAQs page or something. Or it could be more sinister, i.e. used to spread political disinformation to derail genuine discourse surrounding an election.

I'd be more inclined to think that, if this is a bot, it's been created with the intention to generate racist trash. It wouldn't be the first and it won't be the last.

19 hours ago, Uwe said:

The wording is so bad I was inclined to think it was a bot 🤷‍♂️
Not that I’m saying there aren’t a ton of racist abuse from real f**ktards on the net because there’s absolutely is. But this one is especially bad even for those lot

Good call - I hadn't considered that.

Looks like it was also programmed to go OTT with the emoticons too (not that real people don't do that as well).

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Good call - I hadn't considered that.

Looks like it was also programmed to go OTT with the emoticons too (not that real people don't do that as well).

Also the possibility it's some racist fucknut that doesn't speak English writing with all the intent and none of the vocab.

• Like 1

I didn’t mean/want to paint a picture of that most of these racist T**ts comments are from a faceless inanimate computer driven programs as that’s just not true. We are all too aware (unfortunately) of the cesspit of social media with cowardly bullies hiding behind the cloak of anonymity spotting their vile racist rhetoric. 
But we would be naive to discount that a % of it would come from the likes of Russia or China in an order to further divide or add extra fuel for the media to distribute making it look like we are not making the progress (we think and hope) we are. 

Just to be clear 👍

51 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I didn’t mean/want to paint a picture of that most of these racist T**ts comments are from a faceless inanimate computer driven programs as that’s just not true. We are all too aware (unfortunately) of the cesspit of social media with cowardly bullies hiding behind the cloak of anonymity spotting their vile racist rhetoric. 
But we would be naive to discount that a % of it would come from the likes of Russia or China in an order to further divide or add extra fuel for the media to distribute making it look like we are not making the progress (we think and hope) we are. 

Just to be clear 👍

Or possibly some of these racist scumbags are actually smart enough to create bots, to further increase their anonymity. 

I thought thats what you were getting at, rather than geopolitical manipulation from our Communist friends out East. I'd have thought they were too busy interfering in elections, creating fake news and censoring their people. 🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Or possibly some of these racist scumbags are actually smart enough to create bots, to further increase their anonymity. 

I thought thats what you were getting at, rather than geopolitical manipulation from our Communist friends out East. I'd have thought they were too busy interfering in elections, creating fake news and censoring their people. 🤷‍♂️

We get quite a lot of updates about it at work. Some of the disinformation they spread (refuse to use the term Fake News) have actually been discussed in Parliament as genuine issues 

• Wow 1
3 hours ago, Uwe said:

We get quite a lot of updates about it at work. Some of the disinformation they spread (refuse to use the term Fake News) have actually been discussed in Parliament as genuine issues 

Do you work at GCHQ or something?

Do we need to start being more careful what we say on here?

Spying Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Now I'm getting paranoid...

hat foil GIF

2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Do you work at GCHQ or something?

Do we need to start being more careful what we say on here?

Spying Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Now I'm getting paranoid...

hat foil GIF

You have nothing to worry about AR. I’ve done a full background check and you’re safe. 
Although you do play too many computer games for a man your age on your pc 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, Uwe said:

You have nothing to worry about AR. I’ve done a full background check and you’re safe. 
Although you do play too many computer games for a man your age on your pc 🤷‍♂️

Well its not like I've had much else to do for the last year or so, outside my job...apart from watching Boro. ☹️

In any case, Brunners has 10 times as many games on his Steam account. 😛 

• Haha 1

Was an absolute epic goal from Traore pace and power. Glad for him as been struggling on end product lately. However shame it had to happen against Fulham helping Newcastle to stay up and prevent the Derby 

9 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Traore has just scored his first goal in 16 months to beat Fulham, putting them 3 points from safety with 6 games to play, and Newcastle have 2 games in hand.

Damn it. Agent Adama has defected!