• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Strange to think West Ham might be playing Champions League football next season.

Amazing how many times Moyes was written off as just another average manager who would never achieve anything noteworthy.

But he's obviously got something going on there.

7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Strange to think West Ham might be playing Champions League football next season.

Amazing how many times Moyes was written off as just another average manager who would never achieve anything noteworthy.

Yeah, he's doing an incredible job, I thought he was treated quite shabbily by them the first time around.

They've still got to manage the next 7 games though, they could still very easily finish outside the Europa League spots, let alone the Champions League.

They've led 3-0 in the last 3 games in a row and nearly blew it in all of them, so there's definitely cause for concern.

Newcastle next, hopefully they get another 3 points.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

He certainly has, you could say the same of Rogers too, he was ridiculed by fans when he was at Liverpool. I even overheard Phil Neville telling Lee Dixon that Rogers was the worst manager in the League at the time.

Both have proved critics wrong. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Weird VAR decision to deny the Man United goal, surely Son going down had no bearing on the goal, but if it did, and if it was violent play Mctominay should have received a second yellow. Can anyone explain these decisions?

tenor.gif.9b8a419966c1f906f10525f0ae615b4a.gif

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Weird VAR decision to deny the Man United goal, surely Son going down had no bearing on the goal, but if it did, and if it was violent play Mctominay should have received a second yellow. Can anyone explain these decisions?

In my opinion VAR is only there to take goals away from teams. It does nothing positive for the game. Both Liverpool and Wolves had goals taken away from them yesterday with neither of them justified either. The referees are being seriously undermined by it and they are now just taking the safe option and hiding behind VAR

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Blanco said:

In my opinion VAR is only there to take goals away from teams. It does nothing positive for the game. Both Liverpool and Wolves had goals taken away from them yesterday with neither of them justified either. The referees are being seriously undermined by it and they are now just taking the safe option and hiding behind VAR

VAR was brought in to improve the game its been nothing but a hinderance and an absolute farce, players getting ruled offside for not even interfering with play, I'd sooner just go back to goal line technology and the ref and assistants making the rest of the decisions rightly or wrongly.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

VAR was brought in to improve the game its been nothing but a hinderance and an absolute farce, players getting ruled offside for not even interfering with play, I'd sooner just go back to goal line technology and the ref and assistants making the rest of the decisions rightly or wrongly.

It was supposed to be only used for clear and obvious errors which is fine in theory but if it takes a number of minutes to decide if it’s right or wrong, then there was no clear or obvious error and the on field decision should count. They have tried to sanitise it too much and it is turning people off the game

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I'm pretty sure no-one can explain VAR. As we know from the Championship, refereeing decisions can be bizarre even without it. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Get in there, Wigan!
Ends Wigan 2-1 Sunderland
They've just dragged themselves out of the relegation zone.

Sunderland lose a second game in succession, they're now 5 points adrift of 2nd with 6 games to play. 
Just need Peterborough and Hull to win a few more games.