oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

this is obviously all a disgrace but if it went ahead, what happens to the actual fans of those clubs - do they just become like football orphans? 

I'd like to think that some of the glory hunters would support their local teams but say for actual Liverpool fans from Liverpool - where do they go?

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

1 minute ago, boksicdink said:

this is obviously all a disgrace but if it went ahead, what happens to the actual fans of those clubs - do they just become like football orphans? 

I'd like to think that some of the glory hunters would support their local teams but say for actual Liverpool fans from Liverpool - where do they go?

I imagine they'll support their local domestic team.

Premier League Colombia GIF by Everton Football Club

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I imagine they'll support their local domestic team.

Premier League Colombia GIF by Everton Football Club

Would Liverpool fans actually start to follow Everton instead?! I could actually maybe see them doing that as they have this whole Scousers vs the world mentality.

What about the Mancs though? they would lose both teams 

It was only 2 minutes ago that Fifa & Uefa were embroiled in scandal. It wouldn't surprise me that Uefa have been continually putting the 'clubs' Super League proposals in the good idea draw for too long and they've had enough.

7 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

They're legacy fans so the Liverpool owners couldn't give a *** where they go.

2 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Would Liverpool fans actually start to follow Everton instead?! I could actually maybe see them doing that as they have this whole Scousers vs the world mentality.

What about the Mancs though? they would lose both teams 

Salford City? FC United?

• Like 2

It's like I said yesterday, they want franchises, where the actual location becomes far less important, and is simply about widening the potential broadcasting revenues.  At the moment, the biggest/richest clubs in the world happen to be based in a handful of countries in Europe but there are billions of people who don't live in those countries.  Why care about a Merseyside derby?  Why care about basing your team in Liverpool at all?  Put it in New York or Shanghai or Cairo.  Have a global competition for the global fans, with kick off times spread out so everyone can watch a game at a convenient time for them, and watch the money roll in.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Fab4TT said:

Has in not already been confirmed that all clubs will remain within their respective domestic leagues?

That's up to the domestic associations, or something along those lines. Their intention right now publicly is yes, to stay playing in the Prem. But I don't think privately that's really what they want to do and I imagine the FA will be seriously considering the idea of removing them. There are ramifications for getting rid of them too, though.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

They're legacy fans so the Liverpool owners couldn't give a *** where they go.

That term is probably the worst part of this whole thing. 

I hope they get kicked out of the leagues and driven out of playing their games in the "legacy" cities. 

if they want the American model so badly, they should move to another place and become a franchise. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's like I said yesterday, they want franchises, where the actual location becomes far less important, and is simply about widening the potential broadcasting revenues.  At the moment, the biggest/richest clubs in the world happen to be based in a handful of countries in Europe but there are billions of people who don't live in those countries.  Why care about a Merseyside derby?  Why care about basing your team in Liverpool at all?  Put it in New York or Shanghai or Cairo.  Have a global competition for the global fans, with kick off times spread out so everyone can watch a game at a convenient time for them, and watch the money roll in.

Reminds me of this:

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Of all the offensive aspects of this proposal, it's the use of the phrase "legacy fans" that really makes bile creep up my throat. As if Qatari and Chinese subscribers to ESL+ TV will be more valid than people who actually support(ed) the clubs.

Well "more valid" in their eyes means "spend more money".

They're just businessmen being businessmen...they follow the money and to hell with anything else.

They understand nothing about football, or the history, tradition or heritage of the clubs they've bought. All they see are dollar signs. Club badges are just marketable brands.

This has been going on for quite a while, albeit at a lower level, pretty much since the PL was created, but as Wilson said, its good to finally see the naked greed of these people thrust into the limelight.

If any fans had any lingering doubts about why these wealthy individuals and consortiums take an interest in football clubs, hopefully this will dispel them.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Its the American way...so it must be good, right? 

No doubt they'll also want a NFL style draft, or an IPL style player auction.

Excuse me...I have to go 🤮🤮🤮 some more.